Author Topic: Favorite Quotes  (Read 104060 times)

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: Favorite Quotes
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2006, 09:47:50 pm »
Since there's nobody in the state of "Arkansa" then I guess no one does. 

Now, those folks from Arkansas might have a thing or two to say.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2006, 06:13:53 am »
Fuck you Cae! i was tired and it's pain-in-the-ass-godlike-fuzzy-dice's fault! so there! *pout in corner*
i fine i forgive you cuz you're the math major that is gonna help me with my math home work, right?
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2006, 10:30:02 am »
| 1 0 0 |
| 0 1 0 |
| 0 0 0 |

You tell me.  ;D
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2006, 08:32:56 pm »
"Google it, dumbass."

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2006, 12:43:23 pm »
But if you google it, you cease to be confused by it andd then the world will explode in to a thousand pieces.....if we're lucky. Any way as it's my 17th birthday i can say what i want and get away with it.....just wait untill next year. okay here's some i stole from a couple of books. first from the wide window by lemony snicket: If youre alergic to a thing, it's best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly it that thing is cats. second from shatterglass by tamora pierce: A bad name is just a fart with consonants. and lastly from idlewild be nick sagan: i play with varibles constantly.
here's one by a friend of mine..."When a police officer says to you, 'gee, son, your eyes look bloodshot. Have you been drinking?' It's best not to reply with 'gee, officer, your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?'" maybe this came from here....i really don't know!
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2006, 08:58:17 pm »
Heh, I've used that one before.

"play with variables constantly"  HA!!! You have this Mathematics major rolling on the floor in stitches. 

"Son, have you been drinking?"

"No, Ociffer *hic*"

"I don't believe you"

"Yeah?!  Well what makes you so smucking fart?"

"Okay, out of the car please."

Ironically enough, I witnessed this.  It was originally a comedy routine by Jeff Foxworthy, but one of my friends thought it would be funny to play with the cop.  Guess who spent the night in jail?

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2006, 06:54:17 am »
hmmmm.....could it be....jeff foxworthy? no, it couldn't be you or one of your friends......i give up....who?  ;D
anyway, this one time at girls camp.....j/k
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2006, 07:30:18 am »
Read my post, I said that it was Jeff Foxworthy and my friend thought it would be funny to mess with the police officer. 

He got arrested for it.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2006, 09:42:50 am »
Well, don't we just love it when people deiced to dick over c ops, and the cops bust 'em for it. I swear, being an asshole to an officer should be illegal. It would make it so much more fun.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2006, 12:07:09 pm »
Guess what - disrespecting an officer IS a punishable offense in Texas.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2006, 01:03:25 pm »
Wow. Who would have thought? See, it just goes to prove that Texas has semi reasonable laws. After all, it's one of the few states to still kill people punshed to death. How much more reasonable than that can you get? :-p

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2006, 06:12:22 pm »
i got a great quote! "we know you are a man of rare courage. so rare in fact we never seen it!"
i loves it!
~Erica~

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2006, 12:54:23 pm »
here's one: homicide is illegal in all countries...There go my plans for the weekend.

Silence is golden. Duck tape is silver.
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2006, 01:22:23 pm »
Speaking of duct tape, (I know this has been done before but it's funny enough to bring up again).

"Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2006, 12:26:53 pm »
i know...i brought that one up....here's one: no expectations means no dissapoinments. -Rachel Kelley-
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2006, 03:12:44 pm »
"The greatest scientific discoveries are not preceded by the phrase 'Eureka!' or 'I've done it!' but rather 'Huh . . . that's odd . . .'"

The first person who can tell me who said that WITHOUT looking it up will get a free meal from me.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2006, 12:29:48 pm »
"The greatest scientific discoveries are not preceded by the phrase 'Eureka!' or 'I've done it!' but rather 'Huh . . . that's odd . . .'"
either you, my brother, or dave..... by the way.....wnat kind of meal is it and how the hell you're sending it to me.....i'll probally be the only one who answers it....or maybe the dude who discovered penicillin
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2006, 02:40:41 pm »
Heh, you haven't even come close yet. 

And . . . I'm not sure how I'll send it to you.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2006, 07:18:31 pm »
I've heard this one before...I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't it Asimov (or Edison)? (I just ran into this same thing a little bit ago [sometime in the last two weeks in my science class I came across it in the text]...I wish I could recall for sure -- I'm pretty sure it was either Einstein, Edison, or Asimov, but I'm leaning toward either Asimov or Edison.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 07:20:42 pm by ryguy_1617 »

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2006, 01:16:39 am »
It IS one of the three you mentioned.  Guess the right one in your next post and you've won the free food.