Author Topic: Favorite Quotes  (Read 104001 times)

Offline Guardian

• Watching Over You
  • Captain
  • Watching over you.
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
Re: Favorite Quotes
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2006, 12:06:19 am »
Yes but copnsidering how much time I actually spend to check the forums... well I can't tell you what half the topics are about and don't feel inclined to neglect my Xbox long enough to find out.  ;D     ::)

(Quote so we not entirely off topic)

This cybernetic humanoid was constructed to contemplate the meaning of life, 3 days and 57 bodies later it still lacked an answer but had gained extensive knowledge of the human anatomy.
Peace is a lie, There is only Passion
Through Passion I gain Strength
Through Strength I gain Power
Through Power I gain Victory
Through Victory my chains are broken

The world of man must come to a quick, decisive end. Lest we waste our time on you any longer. ~The Fallen Angel
Falling from grace isn't nearly as painful as surviving the impact. ~The Tormented Angel

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2006, 12:09:38 pm »
You're like whitelynx....never on....except to work on the game.....i like the quote.....and you can go offtopic in this topic as much as you like....to quote Plan...."mobile incinerating device" for more details read Corrupt a Wish....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:13:54 pm by tinyelf01 »
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline Guardian

• Watching Over You
  • Captain
  • Watching over you.
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2006, 02:50:19 pm »
I know, it just bugs the hell out of me to run off topic

"HOLY DAMNIT CHRISTMAS!" (QUOTE most of you probably don't know less you watched the Venture Brothers.)

"To quote the great Albert Einstein, 'The.'" (Quote from my sister.  ;D  ::)

The world of man must come to a quick, decisive end. Lest we waste our time on you any longer. ~The Fallen Angel
Falling from grace isn't nearly as painful as surviving the impact. ~The Tormented Angel

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2006, 09:37:33 pm »
"Sweet Zombie Jesus"

Who can tell me where it's from?
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Neo

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2006, 10:40:43 pm »
Your mom.

"Hydraulic Suspension Thigh Pads With Cool Kevlar Crap" ~Easteregg on Halo Multyplayer

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2006, 12:13:35 pm »
Nice! Holy Halloween, Batman.......Who said it and where's it from......Chris don't answer!!!
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2006, 02:15:31 pm »
Hmmm . . . I'd assume NOT a Batman episode (since this seems to be more of a challenge). 

I personally said "Holy hypothermia, Batman" the other day . . . twice!
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Neo

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2006, 05:32:56 pm »
"Guns don't kill people, Dick Cheny does!"

Offline Guardian

• Watching Over You
  • Captain
  • Watching over you.
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2006, 06:12:20 pm »
"Guns don't kill people husbands who come home early do." (Larry the Cable Guy)

"If guns kill people then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil." (also Larry the Cable Guy)

;D ::)

Neo

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2006, 08:33:57 pm »
         Now here are some REAL quotes from some books I have read:

Never fight unless your right cannot be questioned, then delay not to strike.

Know yourself, and always question the manner of man you've become.

Another morning. The sun shone brightly: as brightly as if it looked upod no misery or care; and, with every leaf and flower in full bloom about her; with life, and heath, and sounds of joy, surrounding her on every side: the fair young creature lay, wasting fast. He crept away to the old churchyard, and sitting down on one of the green mounds, wept and prayed for her, in silince.

There were tears in the eyes of the gentle girl, as these words were spoken; and when one fell upon the flower over which she was bent, and glisened brightly in it's cup, makeing it more beautiful, it seemed as though the outpouring of her fresh young heart, claimed kindred naturaly, with the loveliets things in nature.

After musing for some mintutes, the old gentleman walked with the same meditative face, into the black ante-room opening from the yard; and there, retiring into a corner, called up before his mind's eye a vast amphitheatre of faces over which a dusky curtain had hung for many years. 'No,' said the old gentleman, shaking his head; 'it must have been my imagination.'
   He wandered over them again. He had called them into view, and it was not easy to replace the shroud that that had been so longconcealed them. There were the faces of friends, and foes, and many that had been almost strangers peering intrusively from the crowd; there were the faces of young and blooming girls that were now old women; there were faces that the grave had changed and closed upon, but which the mind, superior to it's power, still dressed in thier old freshness and beauty, calling back the lusture of the eyes, the brigtness of the smile, the beaming of the soul through its mask of clay, and wispering of beauty beyond the tomb, changed but to be hightened, and taken from the earth to be set up as a light, to shed a soft and gentle glow upon the path to Heaven.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:44:02 pm by Reynard »

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2006, 01:58:24 am »
I know the first one, but I can't remember. 

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2006, 11:02:12 am »
Here's one that just happened:

whitelynx: "I run viruses, because they are free of linux."
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2006, 11:48:21 am »
Hahaha. Did he mean to say that, or did he get it mixed up?
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2006, 12:10:48 pm »
Somebody's been hitting Morgul's secret stash.

Neo

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2006, 12:35:58 pm »
Hey, how do you know about... oh, never mind...

Offline Guardian

• Watching Over You
  • Captain
  • Watching over you.
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2006, 03:29:07 pm »
To be forgotten is my past, to wander is my future, and servitude is my peril.
Sir Zachary Tobal (Quote form my personal rpg character) ;D

(More KOTORII quotes)  :o

"Your subtlety (sp) reminds me of a Rancor I once knew."

"And the same for your intellect. (may not be entirely accurate  :-\)  ::)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2006, 04:40:52 pm »
Hahaha. Did he mean to say that, or did he get it mixed up?

He meant to say that. It was the inverse of what I'd said a minute before.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
here's a NEW ONE! my sister was outside and told me that she wasn't cold because she was wearing "Themos" underwear..... i want to know where she bought them! *grin*
~Erica~

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 12:20:39 pm »
Sweet! Artificial Itelligent Underwear!

Ok, most people won't get that. It's from a joke:

Several geeks were sitting around a table, having lunch. They were each experts in their fields. As they were talking, a question came up. "What do you think was the most important breakthrough, or discovery in your field?"

First, the Math geek answered. "I feel that the discovery of zero was by far the most important breakthrough in my field." They all laugh, noting that the invention of "nothing" was the most important thing to the math geek. A Mechanical Engineer answers next. "I feel it was the invention of the screw that was the most important." Again, more jokes. A Computer Scientist answers next. "I feel that the invention of Boolean Algebra was the most important thing in my field." A Electrical Engineer nods his head, and says that "It is most certainly the transistor that has changedmy field the most." A few people make FET jokes.

Finally, it's the Artificial Intelligence Researcher's turn. "Well," he pauses. "I think that it's the thermos that's changed my feild the most." Everyone looks at him disbelieving. "Well, think about it. It keeps hot things hot, but it keeps cold things cool. How does it know?"

There, that's my contribution to your daily dose of insanity.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2006, 12:27:36 pm »
Thanks chris! i'll probally have tons more for tomorrow! long story no time
~Erica~