Author Topic: Favorite Quotes  (Read 106084 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: Favorite Quotes
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2006, 04:16:10 pm »
*DOUBLE GROAN*
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2006, 07:13:38 am »
i liked it! here's another good one from Lena! i have these chinese stress balls(notice emphasis on that word) that sound like windchimes when you shake them. i was jumping up and down and said to her, "i jingle! you wanna know why?" and she answered, "It's your balls!" it took her a minute to understand what sher said and why i thought it so funny. then later, i was going to an auction and i had them in my pocket and my mom said "Leave your balls at home!" That's all i have time to write, now.
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2006, 08:32:04 am »
Yeah . . . I have those Chi Balls too. 

Let's just say my dad was a bit embarassed when I pointed out what he said.

I won't say it completely but let's just say it involved the words "play" and "balls".

Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2006, 09:06:20 am »
So long as we're not talking about Chii Balls. (Anyone who's seen, or knowsn of Chobits will understand that reference.)
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Watercolor Wolf

• Concept Artist
  • Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2006, 10:34:53 am »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
Two natures beat within my chest,
one is wicked, one is blessed;
one I love, one I hate;
the one I feed will dominate.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2006, 10:38:45 am »
No joke
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 02:59:34 pm by Caenus »
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Neo

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2006, 01:35:09 pm »
I forget if I postsed this one: "If at first you don't succeed failure may be your style"

Here's a new one I found today:
 Freudian slip - when you say one thing but mean your mother.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2006, 02:37:33 pm »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2006, 07:15:23 am »
those are great! here's a story from my chemistry teach.... okay he had a college chemistry class term paper due, and he had it done early so he handed it in to his British professor. now before i tell you what he said, have to tell you that he had that dry offbeat humor britians have. so he said to my chem teach, "oh Goody...." British accent and all..... that is one of my quotes.
~Erica~

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2006, 09:44:44 am »
Sis, I think you left something out. Is your Chem Teacher's name Goody? That would make it a good deal funnier. :-P

Offline Watercolor Wolf

• Concept Artist
  • Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2006, 10:22:16 pm »
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"
Two natures beat within my chest,
one is wicked, one is blessed;
one I love, one I hate;
the one I feed will dominate.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2006, 01:12:17 am »
BOO YAH!!  I love that quote!

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2006, 07:10:13 am »
no, chris his name is not Goody....in fact his name is Harris but that's not the point.....some one just said It's wet out.....and it's raining out. it's attack of Captain Obvious!aaaaaah run for your lives!......oh sorry, i got a little carried away. ADHD will do that to you
~Erica~

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2006, 11:27:15 am »
[...]ADHD will do that to you

No, hanging out on these forums will do that to you. Here's a couple good quotes:

------------------------------------------------
Drazi: "Caaptain, we thought you were dead!"
Sheridan: "I was, but I'm better now".
Delenn: "This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw...or be destroyed!"
Captain: "Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship."
Delenn: "Why not?! Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Londo Mollari: "Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."
Lord Refa: "Why should I do as you say?"
Londo Mollari: "Because I have asked you; because your sense of duty to our people should override any personal ambition; and because I have poisoned your drink."
-------------------------------------------------
Marcus Cole: "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
Susan Ivanova: Trust Ivanova, trust yourself; anybody else, shoot them.
Susan Ivanova: Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andrei and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me.

There, that's enough Babylon 5 quotes for now. I seriously could fill up twenyy pages with quotes from that show. All of them are great.

--Chris

Neo

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2006, 01:49:42 pm »
If you want peace prepare for war

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2006, 11:59:48 am »
Great! i found a book that was a dictionary of humoruos qoutes so i will post one every so often.
a baby- a loud noise at one end and a total lack of responsibility at the other --Ronald Knox
~Erica~

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2006, 01:13:45 pm »
Here's a sad, but good quote:

Lorien: To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those, whose lives are brief can imagine that love ... is eternal. ... You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received.

Man, I think he's right.

Neo

« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2006, 05:25:48 pm »
This was when a small group of people and I were trying to diside if 'arse' was a bad word. After asking one of my friends across the room a man standing near was offended. We later desided that 'arse' isn't in fact a bad word, just like the word 'nipple'. Just becuase it describes a part of the body doesn't make it a bad word... anyway, after he left one of us said somthing like this:

"Man that guy was pissed. I was like 'what the he...' I mean 'what the arse?'"

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2006, 07:45:02 am »
By the way Neo i like the quotes you have from other people on your siggy. Chris i had no idea that you have gay moments. that's really weird.....
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2006, 09:04:51 am »
I love the way Neo takes a single statement that I made regarding a single topic and makes it sound as though I always agree with him . . . if that were to ever happen, I'd have to buy insulated boots. 

(hell would freeze over)