Open Discussion > General Discussion

GNE Presidential Election Poll

<< < (7/7)

Caenus:
You realize that the VP should ALWAYS be taken into consideration regardless of the age of the presidential nominee?

Anything could happen at any time to anyone in office.  A plane could go down, an accident could occur, someone could sit in a book depository with a high powered rifle, etc.

Seriously, as horrible as it is to speculate about this, I think there are too many ignorant people in the world and if Obama were to win the election, we're likely to see at least one if not multiple assassination attempts.  It's horrible, but it's the nature of the species.

Kmd4390:
This is very true but....

The main focus should be the actual presidential candidate. I am putting consideration into the vice presidential candidates but...
it's not going to be my main reason for voting.

contingencyplan:

--- Quote from: Caenus on September 23, 2008, 07:59:36 am ---
--- Quote from: contingencyplan on September 23, 2008, 02:12:37 am ---McCain / Bush / Palin

--- End quote ---

What does Bush have to do with this?  He's on his way out.

--- End quote ---

From my post-post IM convo with windy:
I don't loathe Bush like a lot of people do, mainly because I just don't care enough (which is bad, I'll agree). But I don't like him, and I don't see where McCain will be enough of a digression from the standard party line to make even a modicum of difference. I think that's what I'm trying to say. So I realize it's the Dem standard line, McCain = Bush, and that's somewhat the idea I'm quoting, but it was done more for exaggeratory effect than out of honest belief.

So in short, it's halfway between "Bush is irrelevant he's on his way out" and "electing McCain is 4 more years of Bush." McCain isn't a copy-paste of Bush, but seeing as I don't like Bush, I think he's too close to Bush's policies and politics for me to really consider his candidacy completely independent of Bush's terms in office.

contingencyplan:
Since it's in the vein of the thread:

This is AWESOME.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version