Open Discussion > General Discussion

GNE Presidential Election Poll

<< < (6/7) > >>

Kmd4390:
Last I heard, Nader is running.

I didn't like Romney as some one who I'd actually vote for in November. I just thought it was cool that there was a Mormon running. So basically, there is nothing intelligent in liking Romney.

Has anyone heard Obama talk lately??
I forget what it was about but he was being asked about why he hasn't come up with a plan for something knowing that McCain has already presented a plan. His response was...(I don't have the exact quote but this is close.)
"I've seen McCain's plan and I've said why I don't like it."
Well...this doesn't answer the question. Criticizing Republicans isn't going to do much if you are actually elected. You are going to have to come up with things ON YOUR OWN!!

But wait, there's more.
He was asked about the struggling economy and what is to blame.
His response... (Again, not an exact quote.)
"So many people are sending kids to college and it's hurting them financially."
 :dumbass: :tinfoil:
So, in order to save or economy...Don't send kids to college?!?!?!?
Really?!?!?!?

Even when he was early in primaries...
I didn't think much of it and actually liked this but...
Everything he said seemed to be said ONLY in order to disagree with Hilary Clinton.
It's like all he does is tell you "this person sucks so you should pick me."
I know that this is how politics are but how far can it really go???

Ok, I feel like I'm building a mafia case and I don't want to end up "voting" (haha like in mafia...get it? ummm.....anyone???? hello????) for Obama so I'll stop now.

My point is I don't like what I hear when Obama talks...
I can't even imagine hearing him everywhere for the next 4 years...or worse....8 years.

contingencyplan:

--- Quote from: kmd ---Stuff about Obama

--- End quote ---
If you can find links, please feel free to post them, I'd be interested in looking at them.

I already tossed this at Cae, just for conversation's sake, but I'll post it here too: linkage

Now, NYT is usually pretty liberal, so I'll definitely agree that they could be (rotten) cherry picking. But even if a few of these are true, her attitude concerns me a great deal. I don't want someone in a position of power who uses that power to punish individuals for personal reasons; I don't like the idea of even testing whether using individual email addresses would allow them to sidestep subpoenas, even if it was just checked on by her staff (if she didn't support it, she should have fired the staff member who suggested it, honestly); and I don't like seeing her name in the same sentence / paragraph as supporting the banning of books from a public library. If I don't go with Obama, I know I'm not going with McCain / Palin.

And no, I haven't looked at Biden yet, any interesting information out there y'all have come across?

In the end, though, I'm pretty cynical regarding politics. Every person in an elected position is bought and paid for by special interests, lobbying groups, and megacorps. Nothing is really going to change, no real good is going to be accomplished. Mr. Smith is never going to Washington, and honestly is the first person in line to bend over and take it from the rear by the people in office. They don't care about the citizen, the common man, the person they're supposed to be acting on behalf of, and that's not going to change anytime in the foreseeable future. I'm not bitter at all, no sir.

So do I think the outcome of the election will make a major difference in our lives? Not really. However, I do think I have a civic duty to vote anyways, and since I like Obama (in a general sense, not in a "here's X reasons you should vote for him" sense) and don't like McCain / Bush / Palin, that's where my vote's going come November.

If for whatever reason it doesn't, I'm writing in Spider Jersualem. Windy can provide pics, I'm sure. :D

Oh, and to quote Robin Williams: Bush doesn't talk while Cheney's drinking water. Check that shit out.

windshipper:

Caenus:

--- Quote from: contingencyplan on September 23, 2008, 02:12:37 am ---McCain / Bush / Palin

--- End quote ---

What does Bush have to do with this?  He's on his way out.

Kmd4390:

--- Quote from: contingencyplan on September 23, 2008, 02:12:37 am ---
--- Quote from: kmd ---Stuff about Obama

--- End quote ---
If you can find links, please feel free to post them, I'd be interested in looking at them.

--- End quote ---

I wish I had links just because it was so horrible.
I saw it on a TV that I was walking by, so I have no idea where to find it...
I'll try to find it on Youtube tonight but I doubt that I can find it...

--- Quote from: contingencyplan on September 23, 2008, 02:12:37 am ---I already tossed this at Cae, just for conversation's sake, but I'll post it here too: linkage

--- End quote ---

Well, the article is definitely one-sided in making Palin look terrible, but it does raise some good points. Before reading this, I was saying that I support McCain but didn't know much about Palin. She needs to be taken into consideration because of McCain's age. Thanks for the article. I'd rather see a neutral look at Palin before I decide on anything though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version