Author Topic: Progress so far!  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Recon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Progress so far!
« on: August 17, 2006, 07:59:28 am »
well about a week in and just about got a dev envoriment setup.
have managed to install nealy everything.
Got blender with Blender2Crystal working finally, that took a while
currently trying to fix cal3d and cel, cel cant seem to load the plug in:)
Made a simple model of a ship and got it to load in CS,

Pritty basic but will do for the moment, and for my first blender model I think it looks good :) ( Estamated game size 40m x 20m x 6m )

Seems that b2c and crystal dont really see things the same, anyway still just starting so maybe I just not trying it right. Working on getting my blender models into crystal with less hassel, not sure of trying to get the MapLoadFile working or coding a loader of my own best way to go. But will spend more time trying to get the loader working.

Hopefully in a week or two I might actualy get to the stage of writing some classes.

anyway , long live clean well documented code and down with "Error loading module" and "Segmentation fault"  ;D

Regards

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Progress so far!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:13:23 am »
anyway , long live clean well documented code and down with "Error loading module" and "Segmentation fault"  ;D

Amen, brother!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:58:12 am »
I think there's a specific version of cal3d you need for CS/CEL. I'm unsure, however.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Recon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 12:18:05 pm »
I think there's a specific version of cal3d you need for CS/CEL. I'm unsure, however.

Got it working, got the latest ver of cal3d, then just had to set the env var

# PAth to the cal3d libs
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

works now,
and now it's on the the next problem :)