Author Topic: League Uniform  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
League Uniform
« on: February 19, 2006, 09:10:12 pm »
Ever wonder what the league wears? Well, I sat down, and figured it out. Attatched is the uniform done in inkscape, and my sketch. Whatcha think?

A bit of explaination. This is an open jacket that goes ontop of a very simple grey tee-shirt. (Although I'm not sure of the color. I might say maroon, but I don't know if that would go.). The reason the LEague's uniform is an open jacket is the simple fact that I want them to be easily removable, should the crew members need more flexibility than a normal uniform could offer. Typically, you'll see engineers with the jacket off, while they work. It's simple practicality. Now, there is also a dress uniform version, which I will eventually draw up.

Oh, and btw, As soon as I get some time, I'm going to draw up actual patterns for this, then go out to walmart, get the cloth, and make these uniforms. I made a Kikyo outfit for my girlfriend for last halloween... using traditional pattens... none of this cosplay shit. :P So, once I get the patterns done, I'll post those, and everyone who wants to dress up as a League Officer can try making them. I might also make people a few uniforms for the right price... we'll see. (Unfortunately with all the time I would put into this, I might have to charge like $60+)

[edit: Added the sketch.]

--Chris
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 09:28:31 pm by morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: League Uniform
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 09:17:49 pm »
Kewl; its pretty simple: I like :-D.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 09:29:21 pm »
Yeah, the league likes simple... as do I. Oh, I also attatched the sketch this time. :P
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 10:30:05 pm »
Hehe; so I noticed.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 10:31:13 pm »
Ok, here is what I have thus far:

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 10:58:04 pm »
...here it is closer up with a lighter background:

Offline Keith

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 07:34:12 am »
nice. except it still looks like it turns into his skin around the wrists

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 08:10:02 am »

Oh, and btw, As soon as I get some time, I'm going to draw up actual patterns for this, then go out to walmart, get the cloth, and make these uniforms. I made a Kikyo outfit for my girlfriend for last halloween... using traditional pattens... none of this cosplay shit. :P So, once I get the patterns done, I'll post those, and everyone who wants to dress up as a League Officer can try making them. I might also make people a few uniforms for the right price... we'll see. (Unfortunately with all the time I would put into this, I might have to charge like $60+)

--Chris

Sweet dude; that would be cool...especially if this game went big.  It would be nice to sell stuff like this for a fairly affordable price [$60] in comparison to many other items from in-game from other companies.   More content for the online-store when it gets up; w00t!

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 09:37:37 am »
Heh - I could design something for "The Praetorian".  He he he.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.