Author Topic: Sample ambiant music  (Read 5307 times)

CK the Fat

Sample ambiant music
« on: July 23, 2006, 01:09:37 pm »
I'd use my own FTP but ever since the company's migration I haven't been able to figure anything out... evidently I can use any FTP program and log on through my PowWeb accoount, but I'm not sure exactly how.

Below are pieces I have worked on.  All are WIP samples, to get a feel of what I can do.

Wandering:  http://rapidshare.de/files/26759077/Wandering.mp3.html
An ambiant, eerie piece... perhaps used when player is in enemy or creepy territory.

Milky White:  http://rapidshare.de/files/26974978/MilkyV1.mp3.html
Initially a tad bit eerie, but not nearly as much as Wandering.  This piece uses synth vocals and a simple synthesizer to create a happy-ish melody... perhaps used in friendly or "wonderous" territory.

Sweet Galaxy:  http://rapidshare.de/files/26975087/SweetGalaxyV1.mp3.html
A theme in a major key, using strings, bass, basic drums, and synths.  It is the happiest of three samples, hence the "sweet" in the name... perhaps used in the title screen or menu music, or animations.

Ghost Ship:  http://rapidshare.de/files/26993204/GhostShip.mp3.html
This one is strictly ambiant, not really any sort of musical qualities at all.  It's a bunch of whispers layered on each other, among other strange FX...perhaps used who knows where.  It didn't take long to make this one at all, only about 5 minutes or so.

Right now I'm working on a sample combat track, something more engaging than the calmer three samples.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:40:15 pm by CK the Fat »

Neo

Re: Sample ambiant music
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 01:12:06 pm »
You can upload it to another site and then link to it from here, if you wish. That's what I'd suggest, unless morgul wants to give you FTP access. ~Reynard

CK the Fat

3 Ambiant Pieces (updated 7-25-06)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 01:23:58 pm »
Hello earthling.  This repy has outserved its usefullness.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:01:24 am by CK the Fat »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 02:08:35 pm »
Ok, CK, pm me a username/password you want for scp access on our server. I'll set it up so that your home folder is actually https://adidas.servegame.org/uploads/<username>. You'll need WinSCP (assuming you run windows). I'll give you all the details to log in with.

Btw, I like that sound file.I think it might make it in the game in the *near* future.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

CK the Fat

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 02:18:59 pm »
Sure, as soon as I find the PM button... I've never used this type of forum before.
Edit:  PM sent.

Update:  I'm working on a different piece right now, more of a theme than ingame music.  It uses a number of strings, which I'd love to get a live performance of if at all possible.  It's written in 6/4 time so I'm having a bit of fun writing it, seeing as I usually write in common time, but I'm positive I can get it finished.

And here it is, obviously WIP.  http://rapidshare.de/files/26764506/SweetGalaxy.mp3.html
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 02:29:57 pm by CK the Fat »

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 03:38:34 pm »
Click on someone's username in order to find the area you need to send them a message.

Hmmm . . . I can't seem to get the file to download.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

CK the Fat

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 10:02:48 am »
I have my two previous pieces organized at the top of this post.  Sweet Galaxy has been expanded as well.

Caenus, do you have AOL?

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 12:05:56 pm »
Good God NO.

Unless of course you're talking about AIM.  Then yes.  Although, I'm in Linux, so I use gAIM. 

Morgul, if you can download the mp3, then would you please put it on adidas for me?
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

CK the Fat

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 12:16:24 pm »
Morgul, did you get my FTP stuff okay?

Edit:  Well, don't bother, I won't be around until August 8.  Vacation and all.

Cya all later, and good luck (though I know some of you think it doesn't exist...)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:32:28 pm by CK the Fat »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 10:07:48 am »
Sorry. Had a lazy streak. I really REALLY need to stop being lazy. I'll get it set up by the time you're back.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

CK the Fat

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 04:56:21 pm »
Lazy?  You got a company to run, I imagine that keeps you kind of busy as it is.

Neo

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 05:07:34 pm »
I will burn all lazy people! When I get around to it...

CK the Fat

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 07:23:45 am »
So far I have been told to work on battle music and more orchestral themes.  Any other suggestions?  I need some feedback to see which samples are good, which are bad, so that I can develop them as necessary.

--currently on vacation--