Author Topic: Seventh Game Trailers  (Read 6427 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Seventh Game Trailers
« on: February 23, 2006, 10:51:37 am »
Something I've been thinking about is making Seventh Game trailers. It would be awesome to get people psyched about the game by seeing a kickass trailer. So, I figured we'd have the following:

1) Trailer from Sean's Perspective (about 60 - 120 seconds)
2) Trailer from David's Perspective (about 60 - 120 seconds)
3) Trailer from Glyse's Perspective (about 60 - 120 seconds)
4) Trailer from The Praetorian's Perspective (about 180 - 220 seconds)

Right now, I'm going to be working on #1 (Outlining it, etc.). I figure I'll do the voice of Sean... see how it comes out. Feel free to request tryouts for the different voices. I'll give you a script to read, and see how it turns out.

[edit:] Here's the monologue I came up with for Sean's trailer:

My father...<laughes> My Father! My father once told me that power was the only thing that mattered in life. Grabbing as much power as you can before the greedy slime of the universe rips it away from you! <voice becomes scratchy, dark. sub-tones start> If only he knew. Power makes you a monster. Power makes you kill everything you once loved. Power is pain, and pain is the ultimate expression of love in the universe. I loved my father. He most certainly loved me. Unfortunately, I loved him more. So much more.

This universe is our, mine. We wont, can't be stopped. We bring love to the universe, and through us, that love is returned double, triple fold. The pain we will bring will make every living being cry out in the overwhelming agony of our love, and through that cry of sheer, unadulterated pain, will the universe's purpose be complete. We are the warriors of love, of pain. We are...<pause> The Grey.

--Chris
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 04:22:44 pm by morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: Seventh Game Trailers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 02:18:59 pm »
You know, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking about [a trailer]...sounds good :);
---but, what are we going to do about visuals?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 02:20:42 pm by ryguy_1617 »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 02:29:35 pm »
Well.... That's why I posted this. What ARE we gunna do?
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 03:42:15 pm »
We need somebody with Pixar on speed dial.

Barring that, we need to find Pixar's phone number. Any takers?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 05:11:07 pm »
Sure.  It's (510) 752-3000.

Next question?

--Chris

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 05:13:28 pm »
Here are two different planet schemes I have come up with so far (for small intermissions in trailer):

planet.avi

planet1.avi

Neo

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:26:34 pm »
I would like to voluntere for the voice acting trial. Also, I think I might be able to help with the 'story' boards concepts. Maybe Caenus and I should get together and hash some rough Ideas out. ;) (I'm not kidding, let's do it next monday at about 5)

~Reynard

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 06:41:03 pm »
ill prob try seans part, but a few questions on it
Here's the monologue I came up with for Sean's trailer:

My father...<laughes> My Father! My father once told me that power was the only thing that mattered in life. Grabbing as much power as you can before the greedy slime of the universe rips it away from you! <voice becomes scratchy, dark. sub-tones start> If only he knew. Power makes you a monster. Power makes you kill everything you once loved. Power is pain, and pain is the ultimate expression of love in the universe. I loved my father. He most certainly loved me. Unfortunately, I loved him more. So much more.

This universe is our, mine. We wont, can't be stopped. We bring love to the universe, and through us, that love is returned double, triple fold. The pain we will bring will make every living being cry out in the overwhelming agony of our love, and through that cry of shear, unadulterated pain, will the universe's purpose be complete. We are the warriors of love, of pain. We are...<pause> The Grey.
It says the  univerise is our, mine what does that meen.  And also it says we wont, cant be stopped do you meen we wont, we cant be stopped?
And  can "power makes you kill everything you once loved" be switched to "lose everything you once loved" ?

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 07:19:09 pm »
Ok, here's the thing... Sean is basically at his core, a fraud, and a manipulative asshole. The Grey have a religion based on pain, and Sean has played on that. However, the Grey feel the univers is theirs... while Sean wants it all for himself... so he acts kinda like gollum, and says what they grey want to hear, followed by what he wants to say. Think of it kinda like a nervous twitch... he will say things like that with almost no pause. Think of it like a verble stumble. It's part of his character.

The 'we won't, can't be stopped' part is basically the same as above.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 07:21:03 pm »
I would like to voluntere for the voice acting trial. Also, I think I might be able to help with the 'story' boards concepts. Maybe Caenus and I should get together and hash some rough Ideas out. ;) (I'm not kidding, let's do it next monday at about 5)

~Reynard

Who do you want to audition for?

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 07:47:52 pm »
Ok, here's the thing... Sean is basically at his core, a fraud, and a manipulative asshole. The Grey have a religion based on pain, and Sean has played on that. However, the Grey feel the univers is theirs... while Sean wants it all for himself... so he acts kinda like gollum, and says what they grey want to hear, followed by what he wants to say. Think of it kinda like a nervous twitch... he will say things like that with almost no pause. Think of it like a verble stumble. It's part of his character.

The 'we won't, can't be stopped' part is basically the same as above.
oh alright I get it, so can I like put a little emphasize on the second word make it somewhat louder then the first like "we won't, CAN'T be stopped". ill read more up on grey so I can get the perfect sounds out =p.

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 08:13:32 pm »
Yup.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 08:45:31 pm »
sweeeet, I might do some voice editing to make me sound less human  ;)

Neo

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 09:19:44 pm »
Whatever you think my voice will fit to. I don't know personalities of the people or thier lines, as soon as you can give me that + age, I can give you a good guess on who I'd like to try out for

~Reynard

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 02:50:25 pm »
Well, in addition to trailers frome the points of view for all these people, I think we should make one to show off some of the ships to look forward to...since we're not 100% sure about what will actually be in the game atm--this might not even by an option until a little later though :-/ (seeming as how we would want any ships in the trailer to be NICE).