Author Topic: New precurser update  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
New precurser update
« on: February 22, 2006, 09:42:22 pm »
Pros: Menu system (which doesnt work  :P)

Cons:
the astroids are now grey blobs (they used to have some graphics)
I am getting no HUD display

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New precurser update
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 11:57:01 am »
am i suppose to not be gettin a hud display, and are the astroids suppose to be grey blobs?

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: New precurser update
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 12:27:57 pm »
Yes, and no.

Here's the deal: We ripped out the old HUD, because it was implimented in a very arcane, retarded way. So it's gone now. So, there's no HUD.

However, the grey blobs issue is something we've seen, and only have a marginal idea on. It could be one for the following:

1) You need to update your videocard drivers (doubtful, but maybe)
2) You need to download the latest Nvidia CG Toolkit (here: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html). If that fixes it, let us know! That measn we need to fix something in the app, so it installs the DLL automagically.
3) Something broken in our shaders, which we can fix preatty easily.

Mind pasting the output in the console when you run the game? It might be useful for us...

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Neo