Author Topic: About when do you think the next precursors demo release will be?  (Read 3608 times)

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Umm, does anyone have any idea about when the next release of the demo for precursors will be (i like to see progress :) lol)?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: About when do you think the next precursors demo release will be?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:47:11 pm »
Soon. Honestly I was hoping to have it out a month or so ago. Progress has been very slow :(. However, we're still working on it, and Netwroking is about 80% complete (well, with what we need to have a basic implimentation). Also, works has stared on a menu, and by the next release we should have a wonderful new menu in there (thanks to iceeey, a new dev, who really should start posting on the forums! *pokes iceeey*) and networking. This should be in about a month, or so. That release will be a preview, to show people progress. Then, we'll do some work on the level, polish things up, fix the networking bugs that people report, and add combat. That should be in another two or three months. Then we'll have a pretty basic framework to add more things around.

That's my plan.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 09:05:36 pm »
Ok..sounds good.  Will that mean that you will be adding some basic models soon thereafter the next release...or will that come even later?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 09:08:44 pm »
Well, the models will get overhauled as soon as I feel like doing that. Basically, I should put out a call to hammer out the handful of models we're going to want for the next little while.... and then put them in as soon as they're completed.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 09:25:12 pm »
ok..sounds good.  Because since we don't have all that much concept art to work with atm...me and national_cookie have pretty much been making up ships to model and getting ideas.  But that will be good...having stuff to work on. Thnx.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 11:03:53 pm »
In response to the lack of concept work . . .

EMAIL ME!!!!

Seriously, give me ideas and I'll crank out sketches as fast as I can.  (now the problem is getting them scanned in)
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.