Author Topic: 2nd attempt at archigos II...  (Read 5865 times)

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
2nd attempt at archigos II...
« on: December 07, 2005, 08:52:45 pm »
Here are a few screenshots of my 2nd attempt...please, tell me what to fix or if its not close enough to the original concept or if you want more screenshot views:

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd attempt at archigos II...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 09:15:16 am »
Wow. I like how the ship looks but the thrusters dont look that well. I love the rest of it.

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 12:03:12 pm »
That's nice! A thought though, Have to seen Eve? This ship seems to have the apearance of a small fighter ship. Is there a way that we can give the ship an appearance that would make it more like the Destroyer class it was intended for?

Just a thought...
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 01:49:40 pm »
Scaling and putting bigger weapons on it is the best idea I can come up with. Unless you want to change something else.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 02:11:21 pm »
here's a slightly tweaked version of it, is this looking more destroyer-like? [before i post more views]:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 05:20:32 pm by ryguy_1617 »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 01:32:25 am »
Well, I feel like the ship's too... messy. There's all kinds of things haning off it, when in the sketch, it's all much more... well, intigrated, and flat. Those turrest are much to large. Keep something in mind.. this ship is 1.5 kilometers long. For Use english sytem people, that's about a mile long! Thos turrets don't need to be big... As they are now, I estimate they're almost a football field, or larger... Which isn't right. Try to keep the dimensions from the sketch.

also, I'd like to see an untextures model, before I see one with a texture. It's hard for me to tell the geometry of the model witha  texture on it....

Just some thoughts.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 01:41:32 am »
k, and i c what you meen.  I will get a untextured model posted asap.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 01:56:01 am »
Ok, here's an untextured model:

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 02:05:24 am »
In thinking about it, this model is so complex, and so detailed, let's start with one part at a time first... We'll work on it, get it right, make sure it's what we're looking for, then move on to the next portion.. till we get it all done. Think that's a good idea? After all, we're looking for *very* detailed here.... so it might make sense to break it up like this. I dunno.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 02:09:29 am »
yea, i kno....after about midway through working on this, I realized exactly how difficult the whole thing would be so, I am kinda planning on redoing it...totally but maybe a little later because at the moment national cookie and me are gonna start off with some other models first, then we will gradually work on the more difficult ones.  But I understand what you mean, and I will get around to it.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 02:11:48 am »
...also, out of curiosity, will there be any limitations on models being detailed or having so many polygons?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 12:30:26 pm »
Nope. We'll shave off pollies when we need to. However, I don't want to have untidy models either... (as in ones that have three polies where only one is needed.) but, don't worry aboutthat while modeling them, we'll do cleanup, and everything once we have the design down.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 01:43:30 pm »
ok, good. because sometimes while modeling, I create more pollies than necesary and while in the process of working on the model, i sometimes forget to go back and edit that right away.

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 09:14:11 am »
Hey Rguy... That Model is awesome! I like it and I think alot can be done with it, I just can't get over the feeling that it is small or some reason.. It just doesn't give me the behemoth feeling of a ship that is almost a mile long.. Just my thoughts.
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 03:28:29 pm »
See, the thing is; This is the most badass ship in the game. I want the model to be stunning, and perfect. That's why I'm being pickie on this ship. Nothing personal, just I will settle for nothing short of perfection (when it comes to this ship). :P

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 03:47:18 pm »
yea, im not taking any offense, :), i completely understand.  And I am trying to think of a way to make it look like a behemoth and then apply it...and like what morgul said, it does need to be perfect.  So, I will try to do some more thinking about it, and then try to take action in a slow, precise process.  Hopefully my third attempt (which might take a bit) will be very good.