Author Topic: HUD Contest Design: NorAelian0.1  (Read 3155 times)

Neo

HUD Contest Design: NorAelian0.1
« on: November 27, 2005, 09:31:56 pm »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/LW-Neo/GameHUD-NorAellian-0-1.jpg

I was trying to get a 3 dementional effect. I know it looks clutered but it's suppoesed to. Think of it as a swiss army HUD

Jaren aka Neo
[email protected]
Webiste: www.dawnet.net
AIM: lwneolw
MSN IM: [email protected]

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: HUD Contest Design: NorAelian0.1
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:18:51 pm »
Sweeeeet.

I'm digging that.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:37:32 am »
Way too busy for my taste, but could prove useful if you can move the windows around and close some (most, for me) of them.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 10:15:12 am »
Perhaps it would be possible to close/open them at will OR even have them appear on mouseover.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 11:55:45 am »
Well, Here's the thing that Neo was trying to go for. The NorAellians think in 4D, and handle 3D rather easily. They would berather upset/limited by a 2D screen in which to view their 3D HUD. He is trying to go for a 3D feel, as he says. Also, they have a little of everything in thier HUD. It's going to be a bit clinky. However, what I was inviionsing was elements of the hud to look thier they're moved out of the way (In the third dimension) until they get clicked on, or have thier hotkey hit. Here's a better visualization of what I was thinking:

Here is the HUD with the element out (active).

Here it is with the element away (inactive)

Now, I would imagine that the elements would be folded away, even more than that. However, that's the best my paint skills will let me do while I'm working on other things. I *could* do it better, but I'm not in the mood to do some major paintin' it up.

Anyway, what do you think?
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Neo

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 12:13:21 pm »
lol, why do I alway think about stuff like that AFTER I submit it. actualy, I think it's better that you be a vauge as possible. That way you aren't restricting the creative process. You may wind up with somthing better than what you started with. Think ourside the Box!

~Neo