Author Topic: The Return of Calvinball  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
The Return of Calvinball
« on: August 05, 2019, 09:46:23 pm »
So, as a reminder of the rules:

Quote from: Caenus
Okay, this one will be moderated by me fairly closely.  I got the idea from another forum that I post on.

This is fairly simple.  We play calvinball, using no objects other than what would normally be found in Calvin's backyard (also anything in a croquet set is legal - i.e. wickets, mallets, etc.).

Each poster must post as either Calvin or Hobbes.  You will always post opposite the poster above you.  If you are Calvin, then your posts need to look like this.  If you are Hobbes, then your posts need to look like this.

Just make up a rule and have fun with it.  Bear in mind though, that you need to come up with a clever way to negate a rule if you don't want it to be in effect.

Be sure to end your post with an open ended action that the next person can use.

For Example:

Calvin bounces the ball into play off his forehead (as required since he started the game within the "forehead bounce zone") and runs towards his own goal, crossing into the hop on one foot border. 

Calvin hops frantically on one foot but trips in a gopher hole.

Hobbes scoops up the ball and runs to the rock of foreign national anthems, he throws the ball toward his goal while singing the Norwegian National Anthem (for double points, due to the Norwegian vocal scoring factor).

The ball bounces off the post of dizzyness.

Not too hard is it?  I'll be nice at first, but you need to try to get the hang of the game fairly quickly, as I WILL be deleting posts that just don't work.

Consider those two the first plays of the game, next person start with Calvin and the post of dizzyness.

In this case, I will be monitoring closely, and will be expecting the same level of play as Caenus did.

Style Changes

Please post as follows:

:calvin: This will denote a post by Calvin.
Code: [Select]
:calvin: This will denote a post by Calvin.
:hobbes: This will denote a post by Hobbes.
Code: [Select]
:hobbes: This will denote a post by Hobbes.
This should be easier to read.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:56:45 pm by Morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Calvinball
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 11:34:24 pm »
The Game So Far

The original game (it's only one and a half pages)

The score is currently:

:calvin: -32 points
:hobbes: -17.86

(There were massive point deductions without points scored, and several points stolen with negative scores.)

We will resume play with Calvin after the Red Cross Bystanders Incident...
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Calvinball
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 11:43:50 pm »
:calvin: Calvin runs the ball into the Zone of Confession, receiving 7 points for each Hail Marry he manages to get through in the allotted three minute time limit. He just barely manages 7, which doubles his score due to the Heavenly Number Multiplier. He has earned a total of 98 points.

He gently lobs the ball at Hobbes, as is required by the Turn the Other Cheek Mandate, established at last year's Convention of Zealously Pious Rulemakers Club Meeting.