Author Topic: Game Setup  (Read 699 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Game Setup
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:49:18 pm »
Setup:

This game will be run in a different format from normal. This game will be episodic. Each mission will be relatively self contained, and will run about a month in length. There will be a week downtime while I prepare the next mission, and open the game for new character applications, and allow players to decide if they want to continue on. There is an overarching plot, but I've specifically designed this so that new players can come in to each mission without feeling completely overwhelmed. However, because the game is formatted like this, I will not bring in players in the middle of a mission, unless there's extenuating circumstances.

Rules:

This is a modification of a Star Wars D6 campaign I ran. As such, we will be using the Star Wars D6 Rule set as a guideline. However, because this is play by post, and therefore much slower than a normal tabletop session, we'll be only using a subset of the rules outlined in the book. I will attempt to make it as simple, and easy as possible to get up to speed with.

First, there are some resources that you will want to get your hands on. The most critical is the Players Handout. This is a simple, 4 page document that explains the basic rules of Star Wars D6. I've also attached the handout, and the full Core Rulebook to this post. (Normally, I wouldn't post a PDF of a Rulebook like this, but it's been out of print for years, and is almost impossible to get your hands on.)
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett