Author Topic: Game Rules  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Game Rules
« on: March 28, 2011, 02:08:37 am »
While each GM is allowed to use a modified set of these rules, saying 'anything goes' is just an invitation to chaos. Also, if there isn't a cohesive list of what's allowed and what isn't, it makes it much more difficult to settle disputes, and to keep games running smoothly. As such, I am outlining the rules I will use for my games, and other GMs can simply reference this post, and list how they're modifying it, rather than writing out a gigantic opening post with rules, setting, etc.

The following posts are split by topic, to allow for easy linking, to the specific bits that GMS would like to use, as well as for ease of reading.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:46:14 pm by Morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
Game Layout
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:46:46 pm »
Game Layout

Games

Each game will have it's own subforum made. If you would like to run a game, PM a moderator, and they will make the appropriate subforms for you. (Hint, they're the special snowflakes with their names below the description of the forum. Click them, find the pm, and voila.)

Each game will have the same forum structure. It will be as follows:

- Game Name
  - Characters
    - Pending
  - Background
  - Out of Character

This makes it simple and easy to find out information about the game, and to get a general sense of what's going on. Each board should be self explanatory, but I'll go into details just to make sure...

Characters

You must post a character in the Pending section of the game you're looking to apply for. You must also pm the GM of the game, with a link to the post. From there, the GM or other players may comment on the character, request more information or changes, etc. I recommend subscribing to the thread for your character, so that you will notice when someone says something!

Once the character has been accepted, the moderator will move the Character to the main Characters section of the game. They will also pm the moderators, who will move it to the main Characters section, while also leaving a copy in the game's character section.

Background

This subforum is where the GM will post any related background information. If you want to figure out the setting of the game, or look for information, this is the place to look.

Out of Character

Due to circumstances beyond our control (hit men are expensive) we can't keep people from talking outside of the forums. However, it is useful to have a place to house out of character chat about whatever happens to be going on in the game. It gives something reference, and it gives a change for the GM to reply to what's being talked about, if he/she wishes. Not all players or GMs might make use of this, but I've found it's useful, in general.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Game Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:10 pm »
Making a Character

Each game can have it's own template for characters. My games are based off of Star Wars D6, so my character templates are much like a StarWars D6 character sheet. Games that don't use die rolls would have a much more literary based template. Either way, it is up to the GM for each game to make a post in their game's character forum with the template that they are intending to use, along with any additional instructions.

Approval Process

Once you've filled out the template, followed and posted it in the Pending section, you must pm the GM with a link to your character.

After that, it's up to the GM to either approve, or disapprove your character. To be clear, the GM has the final say in what characters are approved. The moderators will not force a GM to accept a player simply because you complain. If you have a problem, it is your responsibility to take it up with the GM.

Once your character has been accepted, the GM will move your character to the main Characters section, and pm a Moderator to get them to copy it to the main Character's section.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:17:41 pm by Morgul »