Poll

If the election were today, who would you vote for?

John McCain
3 (30%)
Barack Obama
7 (70%)
Ralph Nader
0 (0%)
Ron Paul (because Wind asked.)
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: GNE Presidential Election Poll  (Read 16371 times)

Offline Kmd4390

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: GNE Presidential Election Poll
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 07:49:31 pm »
I added him to the list.
He obviously isn't going to be elected though.  :fish:
"You don't know bears like I do" -Alex Bobrow
"7s can't act like 10s"-Ted
"Why can't all girls be slutty and easy?"-Matt
"I dont cream that easy"-Ryan
"Woo I love being a butch"- Dakota
link to my mafia statistics
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Kmd4390

Offline windshipper

• Asshole Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • Who sent you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 08:37:56 pm »
I added him to the list.
He obviously isn't going to be elected though.  :fish:
That's because of a conspiracy between the Republicans and the Democrats nationwide to marginalize the great man.  :jerkbag:

I mean come on, he wasn't even allowed into the RNC. WAY TO GO REPUBLICAN PARTY!  :downsbravo:

Christ and you're just a part of it too, not even adding him to the list, he's just an "other".
What foes are we to meet in battle that we have not vanquished in the shadows of the human soul? What Daemons scream that have not cried to us from the dark places of the mind? What fear have we of death who know there is immortality in the great and noble deeds of men?

:black101:

Some people say I need to find my innerchild. I tell them that I found him already. He's now hog tied and wrapped in a tarp stuffed in my trunk.

Offline Kmd4390

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 08:44:53 pm »
At this point, whether I support him or not, everyone knows that the major candidates are McCain and Obama. Nader was only added because he is a 3rd party SK candidate whose name pops up everywhere.

I liked Romney but you don't see his name on the list either.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 03:51:58 pm »

:colbert:
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline windshipper

• Asshole Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • Who sent you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 04:47:11 pm »
At this point, whether I support him or not, everyone knows that the major candidates are McCain and Obama. Nader was only added because he is a 3rd party SK candidate whose name pops up everywhere.

I liked Romney but you don't see his name on the list either.
NB: Nader's not running this year, I don't think.

Edit: Also, I REALLY hope you didn't ACTUALLY like Romney.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 04:57:39 pm by windshipper »
What foes are we to meet in battle that we have not vanquished in the shadows of the human soul? What Daemons scream that have not cried to us from the dark places of the mind? What fear have we of death who know there is immortality in the great and noble deeds of men?

Some people say I need to find my innerchild. I tell them that I found him already. He's now hog tied and wrapped in a tarp stuffed in my trunk.

Offline Kmd4390

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 08:12:00 pm »
Last I heard, Nader is running.

I didn't like Romney as some one who I'd actually vote for in November. I just thought it was cool that there was a Mormon running. So basically, there is nothing intelligent in liking Romney.

Has anyone heard Obama talk lately??
I forget what it was about but he was being asked about why he hasn't come up with a plan for something knowing that McCain has already presented a plan. His response was...(I don't have the exact quote but this is close.)
"I've seen McCain's plan and I've said why I don't like it."
Well...this doesn't answer the question. Criticizing Republicans isn't going to do much if you are actually elected. You are going to have to come up with things ON YOUR OWN!!

But wait, there's more.
He was asked about the struggling economy and what is to blame.
His response... (Again, not an exact quote.)
"So many people are sending kids to college and it's hurting them financially."
 :dumbass: :tinfoil:
So, in order to save or economy...Don't send kids to college?!?!?!?
Really?!?!?!?

Even when he was early in primaries...
I didn't think much of it and actually liked this but...
Everything he said seemed to be said ONLY in order to disagree with Hilary Clinton.
It's like all he does is tell you "this person sucks so you should pick me."
I know that this is how politics are but how far can it really go???

Ok, I feel like I'm building a mafia case and I don't want to end up "voting" (haha like in mafia...get it? ummm.....anyone???? hello????) for Obama so I'll stop now.

My point is I don't like what I hear when Obama talks...
I can't even imagine hearing him everywhere for the next 4 years...or worse....8 years.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 02:12:37 am »
Quote from: kmd
Stuff about Obama
If you can find links, please feel free to post them, I'd be interested in looking at them.

I already tossed this at Cae, just for conversation's sake, but I'll post it here too: linkage

Now, NYT is usually pretty liberal, so I'll definitely agree that they could be (rotten) cherry picking. But even if a few of these are true, her attitude concerns me a great deal. I don't want someone in a position of power who uses that power to punish individuals for personal reasons; I don't like the idea of even testing whether using individual email addresses would allow them to sidestep subpoenas, even if it was just checked on by her staff (if she didn't support it, she should have fired the staff member who suggested it, honestly); and I don't like seeing her name in the same sentence / paragraph as supporting the banning of books from a public library. If I don't go with Obama, I know I'm not going with McCain / Palin.

And no, I haven't looked at Biden yet, any interesting information out there y'all have come across?

In the end, though, I'm pretty cynical regarding politics. Every person in an elected position is bought and paid for by special interests, lobbying groups, and megacorps. Nothing is really going to change, no real good is going to be accomplished. Mr. Smith is never going to Washington, and honestly is the first person in line to bend over and take it from the rear by the people in office. They don't care about the citizen, the common man, the person they're supposed to be acting on behalf of, and that's not going to change anytime in the foreseeable future. I'm not bitter at all, no sir.

So do I think the outcome of the election will make a major difference in our lives? Not really. However, I do think I have a civic duty to vote anyways, and since I like Obama (in a general sense, not in a "here's X reasons you should vote for him" sense) and don't like McCain / Bush / Palin, that's where my vote's going come November.

If for whatever reason it doesn't, I'm writing in Spider Jersualem. Windy can provide pics, I'm sure. :D

Oh, and to quote Robin Williams: Bush doesn't talk while Cheney's drinking water. Check that shit out.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:14:49 am by contingencyplan »
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline windshipper

• Asshole Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • Who sent you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 02:48:39 am »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:05:54 am by windshipper »

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 07:59:36 am »
McCain / Bush / Palin

What does Bush have to do with this?  He's on his way out.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Kmd4390

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 08:20:32 am »
Quote from: kmd
Stuff about Obama

If you can find links, please feel free to post them, I'd be interested in looking at them.

I wish I had links just because it was so horrible.
I saw it on a TV that I was walking by, so I have no idea where to find it...
I'll try to find it on Youtube tonight but I doubt that I can find it...

I already tossed this at Cae, just for conversation's sake, but I'll post it here too: linkage

Well, the article is definitely one-sided in making Palin look terrible, but it does raise some good points. Before reading this, I was saying that I support McCain but didn't know much about Palin. She needs to be taken into consideration because of McCain's age. Thanks for the article. I'd rather see a neutral look at Palin before I decide on anything though.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 10:42:39 am »
You realize that the VP should ALWAYS be taken into consideration regardless of the age of the presidential nominee?

Anything could happen at any time to anyone in office.  A plane could go down, an accident could occur, someone could sit in a book depository with a high powered rifle, etc.

Seriously, as horrible as it is to speculate about this, I think there are too many ignorant people in the world and if Obama were to win the election, we're likely to see at least one if not multiple assassination attempts.  It's horrible, but it's the nature of the species.

Offline Kmd4390

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 11:37:34 am »
This is very true but....

The main focus should be the actual presidential candidate. I am putting consideration into the vice presidential candidates but...
it's not going to be my main reason for voting.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 12:09:08 pm »
McCain / Bush / Palin

What does Bush have to do with this?  He's on his way out.

From my post-post IM convo with windy:
I don't loathe Bush like a lot of people do, mainly because I just don't care enough (which is bad, I'll agree). But I don't like him, and I don't see where McCain will be enough of a digression from the standard party line to make even a modicum of difference. I think that's what I'm trying to say. So I realize it's the Dem standard line, McCain = Bush, and that's somewhat the idea I'm quoting, but it was done more for exaggeratory effect than out of honest belief.

So in short, it's halfway between "Bush is irrelevant he's on his way out" and "electing McCain is 4 more years of Bush." McCain isn't a copy-paste of Bush, but seeing as I don't like Bush, I think he's too close to Bush's policies and politics for me to really consider his candidacy completely independent of Bush's terms in office.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 08:11:28 pm »
Since it's in the vein of the thread:

This is AWESOME.
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal