Open Discussion > General Discussion

Sports Discussion

(1/3) > >>

Kmd4390:
I was skimming through a board of the newly popular game on here Quid Pro Quo and noticed that there a few people who have mentioned pro sports on there. I am a HUGE sports fan and am actually going to college for sports journalism. I figured we should have a thread to discuss the latest sports new or just sports in general.

To give us something to start with, I am a New York Yankees fan and an Oakland Raiders fan (yes, I admit to that).

Also, we all know about the Brett Favre situation. What does everyone think of it? Not sure how many have seen the latest news but he was traded to the New York Jets. I think that this is the best situation for everyone involved. Favre gets to play again, the Packers don't have to play against him and can move forward with Rodgers, and the Jets get one of the best QBs in recent years.

Morgul:
 :downs: Sports?  :downs:

:dance:

Kmd4390:
Yes, sports. I don't know what anyone's interest level is but it's worth a try.

windshipper:
Favre coming back was a poor decision on his part motivated by self-interest. While I can understand where he's coming from, I think that it was a good idea for the Packers to tell him "please don't come back", and then when he forced their hand, to trade him to the Jets.

He's done this for a few years now, always causing a ruckus by "Oh golly, should I retire or not?" and it was getting tiring. Either say you'll do something and stick with it, or don't do it. The Packers, at some point, needed to move on rather than let him distract the locker room during Training Camp another year and allow him to cause a dramarama. As such, I think they made the right decision.

Favre, meanwhile, has GOT to be regretting this, as he will soon be killed in New York by rampaging defensive linemen. Hopefully at some point he realizes what a nonce he's been about retiring/not retiring.

He's a great QB, but, for god's sake, make up your mind sometimes. Is he the same way with his wife in bed? "Honey, let's have sex tonight. Wait, well, no, I mean, I dunno, I'm feeling old and rusty, and my joints hurt. Should we? We should. But man, I don't want to get injured and be handicapped for life..."

Morgul:
I just don't follow any sports, tis all. I'm a total :downs: when it comes to most things sports related.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version