Author Topic: Introduction Thread: New users, please post here!  (Read 209374 times)

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: Introduction Thread: New users, please post here!
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2006, 11:29:26 am »
Go to the clans section of the forum and post an application under GN:EF.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

PhinnFort

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2006, 09:28:49 am »
Okay, I was kindly asked to post here :P
I've been thinking about making a game like this for some time, but I never got around to do it.
What I do, is blender and gimp and python.
I suck in CS, I usually get owned pretty bad by my friends...

-PhinnFort

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2006, 09:35:04 am »
That's okay . . . a lot of us tend to get owned too. 

*looks at morgul*
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

PhinnFort

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2006, 12:03:42 pm »
My friends are very skilled, though:P

-PhinnFort

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2006, 12:49:16 pm »
Well, to repeat the message earlier - welcome to the forums.

So where do you hail from - I noticed the '.de' in your image link (forget the term for that part of a URL - I guess that means I'm not a true geek), so I take it you're from Germany?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

PhinnFort

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2006, 01:08:32 pm »

So where do you hail from - I noticed the '.de' in your image link (forget the term for that part of a URL - I guess that means I'm not a true geek), so I take it you're from Germany?
Thank you. I'm still getting used to this forum, it's sorting all the posts backwards now... I'll have to sort that out.

I'm actually from Norway (I typed it in the forum profile).

It's actually .be, and only because it was free, it has nothing to do with where I come from...

-PhinnFort

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2006, 01:26:14 pm »

Thank you. I'm still getting used to this forum, it's sorting all the posts backwards now... I'll have to sort that out.

That's in your profile - Look and Layout Preferences (on the left-hand side). You want to uncheck the option for "Show most recent posts at the top" second from the bottom of that list.

I'm actually from Norway (I typed it in the forum profile).

Ah, must have missed that. Apologies.

It's actually .be, and only because it was free, it has nothing to do with where I come from...

-PhinnFort

Screenie:http://www.linux-user.de/ausgabe/2001/01/007-software/parsec.jpg

That's the link I was referring to.

Anyways. So what led you to the forums?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:31:15 pm by contingencyplan »
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

PhinnFort

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2006, 09:06:39 am »
That's in your profile - Look and Layout Preferences (on the left-hand side). You want to uncheck the option for "Show most recent posts at the top" second from the bottom of that list.
Thanks. Working nicely now.
That's the link I was referring to.
Ah, okay, that was just some screenie that popped up while searching google.

Anyways. So what led you to the forums?
The Seventh Game: Precursor. It looked like an interesting project, mostly because it's using CrystalSpace. And CrystalSpace is getting heavily implemented into Blender, which I'm trying to get the hang of.
And also, I like sci-fi:P

-PhinnFort

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2006, 11:00:19 am »
Hmmmm . . . so how did you hear of Precursor?  I'm extremely curious.

PhinnFort

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2006, 03:49:04 pm »
Heh, I don't really remember. It was kinda late when I found it... I think it was on the CrystalSpace page.

-PhinnFort

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2006, 04:08:01 pm »
Well, I'm glad to meat *Chuckles like Curly* you. I hope to see you around more. :)
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline [GoRC]STALION

• Lieutenant
  • Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace... Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2006, 11:46:37 am »
yea! same here...
Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2006, 11:10:49 am »
As sister to the guy behind all this(oooh that's fun to brag about) i hope to see you around too! actually i'm just glad to see anyone on here.....someone needs to annoy the hell out of Chris for me...when he's at college......*grin* Anyway...i'm hoping to get some of my friends on here so....look out....they're just as crazy as me!!!!
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2006, 05:01:25 pm »
Crazy's always good. Much more fun than endless sanity - that'll make you go crazy eventually.
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2006, 01:29:57 am »
WHAT?  SANITY CAUSES INSANITY?!?!?

*eyes dart around*

I'm the sanest person I know!!!

OH SHIT!!!!

*runs off screaming*

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2006, 01:40:06 am »
He's one of us now. Excellent.

* contingencyplan rubs hands together gleefully
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2006, 02:15:01 am »
Whoa.  Contingency talking about converting people to the dark side is enough to sober anyone up.

*checks his lightsaber color*

Still green . . . I haven't fallen . . . yet . . .

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2006, 10:34:32 am »
*pulls out dual Velikai Blades* Hmm.... that's right, they don't HAVE a color.... Hehehe. Bring it on you Jedi fools.

Intersting Note... A Sooni Velikai Blade can actually be used as defense against a lightsaber. I've looked up *how* a lightsaber works... and the blade is contained by a charged magnetitic field. Same with a Velikai Blade.. so when they would come in contact with each other, they would repel... just like two lightsabers. So, should we ever want to have cross universe battles.... We could see Jedi get pwnt by Sooni.... Or Fremen. (I'm reading Dune, and holy shit Fremen are amazing!)

Oh, and for anyone who has no clue what I'm talking about... a Velikai Blade is the weapon (not a sword.. can be any bladed weapon) that the sooni make, along with their personal armor... all of it is based in organic technology, and only usable by the one who created it. A Velikai Blade is a monofilament shapr blade that is shrouded in a controlled field of plasma. It's a wicked weapon, since it also bends gravity slightly for a devistating attack..... :D

Anyway, I digress...
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2006, 10:47:40 am »
okay chris...you really need another obsession....star wars is too cool for you....
love ya!
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2006, 01:20:52 pm »
The biggest problem with cross universe battles and such is licensing.  LucasArts would never go for it.