Author Topic: Introduction Thread: New users, please post here!  (Read 209378 times)

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: Introduction Thread: New users, please post here!
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2005, 10:22:26 am »
That's cool.  I just tried to play around with the alpha copy and found myself quickly out in a space where there were no objects.  (I also found a glitch, but I'll put it in the bug report section).
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Keith

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2005, 05:38:00 pm »
Whats up? Im Keith

I came here because my friend, Ryan Berkani, told me about the HUD Competition lol

well I know some stuff about photoshop, a tiny bit of 3ds max, some about macromedia flash, and some other gfx programs.

ill probably be pretty active on these forums and hope to learn some stuff about you all.

well, back to photoshop....lol
CYALL8R

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2005, 06:52:10 pm »
my name is ryan , and while my friend keith is more skilled in photoshop than I in alot of areas, I am better with 3ds max than him.  I wouldn't say im an expert in max, but im ok.  Hope I can help out with game production here, very interested : ) and willing to help.  Email me at [email protected] if anyone wants me to help out with anything.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:20:54 pm by ryguy_1617 »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2005, 07:01:54 pm »
Well, it's good to have you both here, checking out the site, and the forums! We need artistic people pretty badly, and modelers are welcome! There's a subforum here, where I've been posting ship descriptions for things we need modeled. I will do more work, and hopefully get more concept art.

As something to work on, there is a concept sketch on the site here. It needs to be modeled... if you feel like giving it a shot. It's a rather detailed ship... Feel free to go poly happy... we can always reduce polycounts latter.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 07:10:13 pm by whitelynx »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2005, 10:52:22 pm »
Heh, wow . . . that's ironic.  Three guesses what my real name is.

Yeah . . . Keith.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2005, 10:53:46 pm »
ok, i will give it a shot
[no guarentees though lol : ) ]

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2005, 11:17:13 am »
oo yea, also kno a little macromedia flash and a tiny bit of programmming that is so small that my knowledge wont do ne good.  But, I love game design and plan to pursue it as a career.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2005, 07:40:28 pm »
Hey sorry for not being active latly been alot of things going on been kind of busy.

My name is danny.  I mainly play cs right now but ill go through a few other games once in awhile ( path of neo right now ).  I do alot of stuff with computers i get payed for doing software/ hardware maintenence ( another way to say i fix computers). I also make websites ( im not as good as caenus) and i work at a grocery store called roche broes  :D.
  With my spare time i love to play video games, play football, and party 8 ). 
 So umm yeah thats all i can think of oh yeah and I live in MA and go to acton highschool ( =.

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2005, 07:46:58 pm »
Nice to see you posting here again!  ;D :D :D Looking forward to seeing you around more!
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2005, 09:42:55 pm »
Ditto for me. :)
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2005, 01:46:21 am »
Dude!  Path of Neo is so much fun!!  It's what "Enter the Matrix" should have been like. 

Offline Cosmo

• Concept Artist
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2005, 12:11:05 pm »
Hi. I go by the name of Cosmo and share the foundation of GoRC with Dawn. The father clan to GN:EF. Known as Matthew Hart, I am a graphic designer with a shared foundation of a web hosting company with Dawn. Our company Dawnet.net is at this moment the web hosting for G33X Nexux Enterainment. I am working on the side for Precursors and recently made a desktop for them.
800x600 High rez pics to come!
I also host LAN parties. Looks like we are doing one soon...
Anywho, that is a bit of who I am.

~Cosmo

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2005, 01:22:59 pm »
Dude!  Path of Neo is so much fun!!  It's what "Enter the Matrix" should have been like. 
aw man i know have you beat it? cuz im stuck at a part ill send you a pm about it... its the part with all the doors

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2005, 04:11:44 pm »
Nah, I'm only a little bit of a way into it. 

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2005, 04:25:59 pm »
aww alrite too bad its a great game

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2005, 01:30:59 am »
Hi. I go by the name of Cosmo and share the foundation of GoRC with Dawn. The father clan to GN:EF. Known as Matthew Hart, I am a graphic designer with a shared foundation of a web hosting company with Dawn. Our company Dawnet.net is at this moment the web hosting for G33X Nexux Enterainment. I am working on the side for Precursors and recently made a desktop for them.
800x600 High rez pics to come!
I also host LAN parties. Looks like we are doing one soon...
Anywho, that is a bit of who I am.

~Cosmo

It's nice to see you on here. I love all the work you've been doing!

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2006, 10:54:20 am »
Hi! I'm Niamh...also known as Morgul's 16-year-old sister, Erica. I joined the forum for many reasons but my favorite 2 are A because i have been reading, editing, re-reading, and looking at ship sketches for Morgul's game/book for years and B because Chris has been telling me so much about all his friends that have been helping him design his game and because it looked awesome.... I wish i could design, but i can't....i love to read and write stories and poems....ummmm, let's see....oh yeah! I wish i could be as G33KY as my brother  but i probally never will....i'm tons of fun and i love being my wierd and unique self(which I'm sure Morgul can tell you)! if you need some one to read and edit stories and stuff like that, I'm your girl! and if you want to know something about Morgul and he won't tell you....I can probally tell you....within reason of course!  ;D *grin*
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2006, 10:58:07 am »
Welcome to the forums!  I'm sure you'll fit in here. ;D

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2006, 11:34:43 am »
Seconded. And it'll be good to have more writers on here - get some more backstories written. Working on my own myself, with Burst as my proofreader / idea wall (to bounce ideas off of).

I would encourage you to consider writing stories for the short stories forum. Sounds like you could come up with some interesting stuff.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline [GoRC]STALION

• Lieutenant
  • Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace... Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2006, 11:09:02 am »
woot woot.. my oter email didnt send.. so i finally had the time to make a new acount and post.. "since it is second period".. i have a quick question :D  how do i apply or try out for GN:EF???
i realy want to get in.. :D
Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]