Author Topic: Introduction Thread: New users, please post here!  (Read 209375 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: Introduction Thread: New users, please post here!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 02:47:38 pm »
Well, I'm looking forward to it. The Elite Forces is going to be a great boon to GNE, and Precursors... However I need to write a news item about it, and possibly post an announcement thread... Not right now, though.
--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Guardian

• Watching Over You
  • Captain
  • Watching over you.
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 11:00:35 pm »
Ohiyo! Doubt my real name would matter here, just call me Guardian or Tobal whichever ya feel like. ;D I definitely can't hold a candle to the above GoRCs computer wise, which is prob why I'm mainly just do server admin duties. I'm moving over to [GnE] (or whatever the tag will be) at the request of Neo and hope I can help in one way or another.  ::)
Peace is a lie, There is only Passion
Through Passion I gain Strength
Through Strength I gain Power
Through Power I gain Victory
Through Victory my chains are broken

The world of man must come to a quick, decisive end. Lest we waste our time on you any longer. ~The Fallen Angel
Falling from grace isn't nearly as painful as surviving the impact. ~The Tormented Angel

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 11:04:56 pm »
Well, welcome aboard then! If Neo likes you, then that's good enough for me.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 12:13:11 pm »
I am Caenus (OH GOD RUN IN TERROR!  THE MAD SPAMMER HAS ARRIVED!!).

;D

I am also a GoRC H3ad and sadly won't be joining the GN:EF clan, although I will be supporting G33x Nexus in any way possible. 

I am VP of a graphic design and web hosting company (and am also the head webmaster/coder/programmer).

I am not on the development team for Precursors, although I AM going to be helping Morgul and Contingency with webdesign and such (as well as being a mathematics consultant - this'll be interesting, eh morgul?)

Anywho . . . Yeah.  That's me.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline TeH BuNNy

• Cadet
  • GoRC It All TeH Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 12:38:43 pm »
TeH BuNNy here ;D
Hey my name is Sheryl, but my freinds call me Sherry.
I'm 13 and I am a fellow GoRC member.
Sadly I won't be joining GN:EF but I will be happy to scrim with you and kick your you-know-whats. lol ;D
Looking foward to having a sister clan. ::) ;D ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 12:51:13 pm by TeH BuNNy »

I know your drooling for it. =)

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 12:51:00 pm »
Well, welcome to the board, Teh BuNNy. Glad to have you.

And don't think we aren't looking forward to kicking YOUR you-know-whats, either! :P
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline TeH BuNNy

• Cadet
  • GoRC It All TeH Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 12:53:28 pm »
 ::) Sure you will but you won't rofl  ;D :P

I know your drooling for it. =)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2005, 06:00:57 pm »
Ah, the sweet sweet Rivalry. :-D
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 12:51:20 am »
Heh, she's gonna wipe the floor with contingency.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 01:05:19 am »

I don't doubt it. Just wait till I get on... Can anyone say, "Cannon Fodder"?

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2005, 01:22:10 am »
heh, I may put you on my team and then turn FF on for the hell of it. 

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 01:23:56 am »
Do it. I'll just laugh.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 01:33:04 am »
Heh, that takes all the fun out of blowing the back of your head wide open.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 01:47:47 am »

I have ZERO doubt about that... I am not particularly good at FPS games. I enjoy them - my favorite type of game, but still....

Of course, I don't have time to get my skills up to snuff, so I doubt there's much I can do besides play the human shield role. Ah well.
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2005, 11:39:47 am »
Heh we need to have an xbox at the next lan party.  I'm decent on the computer, but I'll pwn anybody in HALO. 

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2005, 01:54:11 pm »
If there's one thing I suck at worse than computer games, it's FPS games using a pad - FPSes were made for a keyboard and a mouse. I can't play it any other way.

Mouselook pwns all.
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2005, 02:33:38 pm »
Indeed.  There's something about the aiming reticle for Halo that lends itself to the console though.  Every other FPS I prefer on the computer.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2005, 08:32:55 pm »
Very true. I am much better at Halo for XBox then Halo for PC. With any luck, Precursors will work well with both; I plan on playing it using my XBox controller on my PC.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2005, 10:39:51 pm »
Yeah.  I was wondering though, is it possible to unlock the camera for 3rd person flight.  If the view were within the cockpit, then the locked camera wouldn't be quite as disorienting.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2005, 12:00:27 am »
Sure, we can do that. We just aren't currently.