Open Discussion > General Discussion

Introduction Thread: New users, please post here!

<< < (2/96) > >>

ShadowFlame:
Hey, my name is ShadowFlame, or Dan if you will. I'm mcrobotics' (or Mike's) younger brother.

First of all, you guys are incredible. I could never know half of the stuff you guys know about programming. Despite being the programmer for my FIRST team the last 2 years, that doesn't mean I'm very good at it :P

Ok, so now for what I am here for. First of all, I'll be happy to comment on and make suggestions on the game and aspects of it. The main reason I would like to get involved, however, is that I have this natural knack for music, and I am interested in writing music for this game. Maybe you guys have music already selected, or maybe music has already been thought out. I searched the forums and didn't find anything about music though, so even if it is early in development, I'd like to offer my services in music!! I have Guitar Pro 4 and a few other programs, although that just makes stuff in Midi format (however I can string stuff together in another program and create mp3's), so there might be brainstorming involved in getting the music created and played in higher quality.

My main instrument of choice is percussion, but don't let that fool you, I don't just hit things, I can create music :P I'm happy to be of service in whatever way I can!!

Chii:
I'm Ericka Yohe, girlfriend of the freak that started this whole thing (I love you hunny). From that I'd think it'd be obvious where I heard about the game.....some days I wish I would stop hearing about the game.

But seriously, I'm here to support Chris and do what I can despite not having one shred of a clue about anything computers or cs. I do however read a lot of fantasy and even write a little so I help out with the story a lot and have just started some work on creating star systems. If you need an outsiders view on things, I'm your girl. Or if you need something to look pretty....damn guys  :wink:

BigDan:
Hi Im Dan , I'v known Chris (Morgul) for quite a few years and he and my oldest son have been friends for just as many. :P

I'm 42 and live in Norwich NY, I'v loved disusing the planing of the book with chris and helping with editing as he went when he was here. :shock:

We planed out the makeup of the game over and over so many times I feal like part of my soul is inbeded into it. :-/

I'm a big Game lover and cant get enough of RPG and action games and when I see what you guys are doing I start salivating at the thought of actualy being able to play the game. :D

I work as an Appliance Repair Technition, Have been Maried for 22 years, have 3 kids, Dan(20), Stephanie(19), and Brian(16). 8)

I'v loved discussing Phyics and spacial thiery with Chris on many ocaisions and have alot of my own ideas but we woun't go into that. :idea:

In fact we even went as far as building a working magnetic pump using a sailine sulition as the medium , and I still have it! :wink:

The biggest thing about me I think you will find is that Im a dreamer and can envision many things within this universe and even beyond, I'll try to keep most of my Ideas as realistic as posable, but dont be shocked if I come up with some real dusies. :twisted:

Rosencrantz:
Hi! My name is Ryan and I ran across this game on the happypenguin.org site. It was rather fortuitous because I had been having ideas about developing something similar to this (i.e. a sci-fi setting with rts/fps and space flight components) but my main stopping point has been designing and programming graphics. I know a little bit of OpenGL, but not enough to do anything remotely fancy.  I'm mostly self taught in C and C++, although I've taken a couple classes to improve what I've already learned.  One of my main interests is in computational physics, so I find some of the stuff that you're trying to implement very interesting.  I've got a B.S. in Physics and a B.S. in Mathematics, and I'm currently employed as a datacenter technician for a hosting company.  I'll post more ideas as I have them.

fehknt:
Hey, I'm fehknt/Devin, and I met chris and dave in class (college), then at the computer shop i work at, and there they gave me this web address.  Ever since then, I've tried to voice my opinions on every topic that gets brought up... sometimes I regretted it afterwords, because I gave some kinda stupid ideas, but then again, that's what this place is for -- sounding out ideas to see if they'll work.  I may become a dev in the future, but at this point, i'm just a "power user".  Oh yeah -- Physics and Computer Science double major, Junior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version