Author Topic: Divus Ex / Mythos Rules!  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Fated

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Divus Ex / Mythos Rules!
« on: May 30, 2008, 02:38:59 pm »
Welcome, potential Godlings. I present you with a unique opportunity upon which most will never see.

http://www.thalcos.com/pdf/divusex.pdf

This was originally a LARP-friendly system. A friend of mine and I, however, came up with a great adapation so that it could be played by email, forums, PM, or even AIM.

With that, there are a few changes to the rules.

1) Your actions will be sent in once on Monday and once on Friday. They will be done in the following format.

Turn ??/??/?? (The Day that you've sent them in for.)

Action 1:

Action 2:

They will be sent to the Fate-Decider (me) via PM or IM and the results of your turn will be posted on the next game day. Your public actions will be revealed on Friday if you sent them in Monday, and then Monday when you send them on Friday.

2) To keep the game interesting, we will not be revealing publicly who each God is. That is to say that I won't be, and I very much hope that the players will not be. It is half of the fun.

3) Each God will create a list of their 5 most wanted Arcana. They will receive 3 of these, which ones depending on how many people choose the same Arcana. The higher rated (1 being the one you want the most) the better chance you have of getting that Arcana.

4) Lastly, every turn will represent 30 minutes. One action is 15 minutes. In game time, this is 6 months = 30 minutes. Every week will be a year of game time.

5) Time is off limits. It's far too broken.

6) Lastly, don't post in this topic. I'll create another topic for discussion.

All right, I think that about covers it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Here is the application for your god you should send in to me.

-

Name: (Name for your god goes here :downs:)

Title: (Every god has a title. Hades is Lord of the Underworld, for example)

Physical Description:

Plane:

Arcana:
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

Attribute Path: Reason (14 points) or Fate (6 to 24 points, rolled randomly)

Archon Name:

Archon Physical Description:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:45:36 pm by Fated »

Offline windshipper

• Asshole Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • Who sent you?
    • View Profile
Re: Divus Ex / Mythos Rules!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:44:35 am »
Fated, don't have died on us. :saddowns:
What foes are we to meet in battle that we have not vanquished in the shadows of the human soul? What Daemons scream that have not cried to us from the dark places of the mind? What fear have we of death who know there is immortality in the great and noble deeds of men?

:black101:

Some people say I need to find my innerchild. I tell them that I found him already. He's now hog tied and wrapped in a tarp stuffed in my trunk.

Offline Fated

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 07:07:33 pm »
People really don't seem interested. I've poked some people, but a bunch have vanished. People I've been waiting on haven't even bothered to contact me, it's pretty ridiculous.

Neo

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 07:45:42 pm »
Too much for me to read honestly. lol My internet doesn't support large pdf.

Offline Revolvyerom

• Lieutenant
  • For the working man, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 01:09:40 am »
Too much for me to read honestly. lol My internet doesn't support large pdf.
What version internet are you using? Anything since 6.1 RC3 supports large pdf's

Offline windshipper

• Asshole Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • Who sent you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:36:11 pm »
I have gotten word from Fated that we will be doing this. However, there are those who need to create their gods, and I know who you are.

I have a message for you:

GET YOUR GODS AND/OR GODDESSES IN TO FATED OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND BEAT THEM OUT OF YOU

That is all.
What foes are we to meet in battle that we have not vanquished in the shadows of the human soul? What Daemons scream that have not cried to us from the dark places of the mind? What fear have we of death who know there is immortality in the great and noble deeds of men?

:black101:

Some people say I need to find my innerchild. I tell them that I found him already. He's now hog tied and wrapped in a tarp stuffed in my trunk.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 12:05:28 pm »
How time-intensive is this going to be?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Fated

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 01:45:03 pm »
I'm not sure what time-frame you're talking about. When you submit 'actions' to me, I need them in every monday and friday before noon. I'm not going to be superhardcore so as long as you get them to me before I post the official stuff up those nights.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 02:56:44 pm »
Well, I mean is it going to be mafia-style OMG YOU'VE ONLY POSTED ONE MEGAPOST IN THE PAST 12 HOURS YOU'RE LURKING [gross exaggeration I realize] kind of time commitment, or is it going to be more relaxed, aside from actions?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Fated

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 12:27:46 am »
Much more relaxed. The only active talking being done will be through me, I can't have the Gods revealing themselves to one another, that breaks the spirit of the game.

An email twice a week is really all that is required. It's really a fascinating and fun game, I know because I've played it, and I wish someone would run it again so I could play, but I doubt that will happen. However, I do know that I hope everyone will enjoy this game as much as I had.

Offline Corthos

• Captain
  • Querie: Does your brain fuction, meatbag?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 10:16:03 am »
I'm working on a god, but i have a question. Mabey i missed it, but whats the deal with the attribute path? Does "reason" mean we chose where to place those 14 points, and "fate" mean you roll to see where they are put, and how many? If im dumb and missed it, let me know.

Offline Fated

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:28 am »
For future reference, you can PM me or IM me on AIM (blurredlights) to ask questions as well.

As for your question..

Yes. Reason gives you 14 points to distribute between your stats, while Fate..I will roll 4d6, which means 4 six-sided dice.  This means you could get as low as 4 points or as high as 24, so you can see the benefits and risks of it.

For Arcana, choose your top 5. #1 being the one you want the most. Each God will get 3 of these, depending on how many people choose each Arcana.

For example, if three Gods choose Justice, a fourth god that chooses Justice probably won't get it.