Author Topic: Revamp/Restart the forums?  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Revamp/Restart the forums?
« on: January 20, 2008, 05:23:01 am »
Well, here's an interesting question. Is there any desire to revamp/restart these forums? I've love to upgrade to a new smf, do a new theme, and get people interested in GNE again. Frankly, I think it's time to start compiling all the different information and ideas into one place, and making a unified front for everything. All the work I've been doing on platshop has made me want to redo the GNE site, and to start getting precursors functioning as a _real_ thing again. With the opening on the GNE store in the next few months, I think that we might have something here.

Thoughts?
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: Revamp/Restart the forums?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:34 pm »
I can definitely get the design section of the site and such up and moving with new images (as can Ginny, I'm sure) if we can get the whole "compensation" figured out. :P
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:06:46 am »
I can definitely get the design section of the site and such up and moving with new images (as can Ginny, I'm sure) if we can get the whole "compensation" figured out. :P

Well, let me get paid for the _first_ job, and then we'll talk.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 08:46:23 am »
I know, I know.   ;D  You know I'm giving you a hard time.  We'll get everything up and running within the next month, and things will start taking care of themselves.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 06:37:26 am »
i think we should try to get things back running again...this was, after all, my first experience to the wonderfulness that are forums!
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:32:41 am »
Glad to see this kicking back into gear, though my passions and such are taking me in a different direction than this for now. Godspeed friends! I look forward to watching this unfold.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 02:22:01 am »
Well, I'm sure we'll pull you into playing precursors, if nothing else. :-D

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 11:46:40 pm »
Either that or, since the majority of us live in Lubbock, we can carpool to Dallas and then kick his ass until he gets back in. :crazy:
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 08:39:07 am »
:toot: "Let's start a riot!" :toot:

(As for which song I'm refering to, it's Three Days Grace - Let's start a Riot)

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 10:15:58 am »
With what gas/money, Piece?  Morgul doesn't have a car, and I'm sure as hell not paying for 3-4 tanks of gas in my truck.

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 10:49:46 am »
Darn! Too bad I don't have my pilot's license yet, it wouldn't be as expensive and it would be fast. :-\
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker