Author Topic: Simon Vector [Complete]  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Simon Vector [Complete]
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:37:56 am »
Well, I was running Ginny through her paces art wise (basically a series of changing art styles from a single sketch), and I decided I'd try my hand at doing some pure vector inking of her sketch. She had chosen Simon as the subject for the sketch, and done it in about a minute on photoshop. I took the (very) rought sketch, and used it as a guide for this. I've put about half an hour of work into it so far, and I like how it's coming out. I'll keep posting progress reports as I go along, till I finish the piece. I'm rather proud of this, as I have very little art talent myself.

So, without further ado, here's what I've got so far...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:25:31 pm by morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Simon Vector WIP
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:49:26 pm »
Here's another update...
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 07:23:35 am »
I never pictured Simon with long hair.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:05 pm »
Interesting... I always have. Hmm...

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
Completed!!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:11 pm »
Here is the final piece! I'm also posting the original sketch, so you can see what parts are mine, and what parts are from the sketch. Enjoy!

MissTake1024

Re: Simon Vector [Complete]
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:19:06 pm »
Wow - you both are very talented...
I made a pattern once... and I was never able to make another one haha.

Needless to say I'm jealous