Author Topic: "We apologize for the inconvenience..."  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
"We apologize for the inconvenience..."
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:11:14 pm »
"We apologize for the inconvenience..."
A Comedic Precursors RP
GM: Morgul

Overview:
Several League Officers have decided to take their shore leave at a resort colony. The fact that this resort colony is near a contested region of space doesn't bother them; it's the quickest for most of them to get too, seeing as how they've been fighting on the front lines. Unknown to the officers, the resort has been making a tidy profit offering accommodations to both the League and the Terrans while keeping both sides unaware of each other's presence there.

Unfortunately, the colony is listed as a civilian resort, which makes it a prime target for Pirates. While most pirate groups wouldn't travel this far from Freelance space, a rather daring group of Pirates, "The Brothers of Hermes" have received word that the daughter of a very influential and very rich League Admiral is visiting the resort. They plan to invade the colony, loot, and most importantly, capture the daughter of this League Admiral. From all the information they have, the colony is completely unguarded. The worst they have to deal with is a few snobby civilians... or so they think.

Setting:

The RP will be taking place on the colony. A colony is a very big place, however, the actual resort section of the colony is rather small, and contained entirely on an island about twelve miles from the main colony. Lathos Colony Resort, as it is known, is a very beautiful place, with beaches, a golf course, and plenty of sports areas. They also offer hiking through 'Zeus Woods' areas in the center of the island, or the 'jungle' of Titan Island. There are boat trips, fishing, and even underwater tours of the nearby ocean ridge. Diving on 'Hades Reef' is allowed, but is rather expensive, and only two trips every other day are made. (The resort has been receiving a good deal of pressure from ecologists to stop the dives on the reef.)

If you're really looking to get away from it all, the resort has townhouses that can be rented. However, the resort performs background checks on anyone who wishes to rent one for 'security' reasons. They also charge exorbitant amounts of money. Each townhouse has it's own security, including monitors, reinforced doors (expertly disguised as carved wooden doors), and 'non lethal repellent systems' (The hotel doesn't explain what these systems are, or what they do).

Note: Attached to this post is a map of the colony. Read it, love it, know it.

Timeline:
Since this is a non canon RP, I really don't care how screwy the timeline gets. If you want to play a character that shouldn't show up for a few more years, or has already been killed, or whatever, I don't care. We'll claim this happens after David is captain of the Archigos II, but before the League's fall. That means, in general, there's high animosity between the League and the Terrans. Also, it means that the events of Requiem have already happened... for the most part.

Characters:
If you are interested in making up your own character for this RP, please pm me with your idea, and I'll work with you to get a sufficiently fleshed out character ready. If you already have one, that's even better. I am currently looking for people to play NPCs, and I don't mind if people play more than one character, though I will ask that you keep it to one Player Character, unless you can convince me you can play more then one at a time.

I will be posting a list of NPCs soon, so you can pick and choose from those. Please, don't reply to this thread, as this is where the RP will be. PM me, or start a new thread elsewhere if you want to discuss things. I will be deleting posts in this thread that aren't actual RP.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett