Author Topic: The Rules (Read before Posting)  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
The Rules (Read before Posting)
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:30:23 am »
The Rules:

1) No Adult Content. This means no sexually explicit scenes, and no overly graphic scenes. Use your judgment.

2) Whoever starts a RP is the GM. They are in charge of making the story flow, and keeping the other RPers in line. This does not mean they are god, or that they can ignore these rules. Any disputes should be brought to a Moderator over PM.

3) No Metagaming. Be realistic in your RP. Your characters, while fantastic, aren't gods; they shouldn't be able to defy death, or even the laws of physics without a good reason. It's no fun RPing with invincible characters. Also, remember that just because you may know something outside the RP, it doesn't mean you character knows it.

4) No Flamewars. All disputes should be taken to a Moderator. If you still feel the need to insult someone, do it over PM. It does not belong on the forums.

5) You are only in control of your character's actions. You control what your character does, and what happens to them. Don't control other RPer's characters. Give them a chance to respond. For example, don't say, "I draw my sword, and slice your arm off." That's no fun, and doesn't give the RPer a chance to react. Instead, say, "I draw my sword and swing, aiming for your arm." If they're a good player, they will either take the hit, or at the very least give you a good reason why they still have an arm.

6) For Dice RP's use the forum's Dice RollerWe have a dice roller built into the forums. It's very nice, as it prevents editing. (If you edit a post with a roll in it, it breaks the roll code. This is intentional.) Using it is very simple. There are two types of rolls, 'dice' rolls, and 'stats' rolls. The code for using them is below:

Code: [Select]
: dice 5d3+1:(Remove the space after the first colon, so it looks like :dice {number}d{sides}{modifier}:) This produces the following:

Dice Roll (5d3+1):
 (3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2): (12 + 1) = 13

Code: [Select]
: stats 5d10+3,y,10:(Remove the space after the first colon, so it looks like :stats {number}d{sides}{modifier},{drop lowest},{number of times to roll}:) This produces the following:

Stats Roll (5d10+3, lowest dropped):
2,2,5,5,6:(18 + 3) = 21
6,2,3,1,8:(19 + 3) = 22
9,8,1,1,10:(28 + 3) = 31
4,2,7,6,3:(20 + 3) = 23
1,7,6,10,4:(27 + 3) = 30
7,7,3,6,8:(28 + 3) = 31
9,8,9,3,3:(29 + 3) = 32
5,8,4,7,8:(28 + 3) = 31
1,6,6,2,7:(21 + 3) = 24
6,5,8,2,10:(29 + 3) = 32

If you feel something isn't covered here and should be, please pm me about it. Above all else, use your judgment, and remember this should be fun for all involved.

--Morgul
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:53:19 pm by Morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The Rules (Read before Posting)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 02:23:35 pm »
This can only end in tears...

Seriously, though, I'm interested to see what comes of this. You won't see me posting here for a while, if at all.

edit: One thing I realized - while most of us know the Precursors universe and setup and such, where can future players (and current ones who need to brush up) find the setting, rules, storyline, characters, godmode cheats, etc. for the game and comic?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 02:25:27 pm by contingencyplan »
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: The Rules (Read before Posting)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 02:26:17 pm »
I need to brush up on the 'where' myself. I think I'll post an information page compiling the major things... later. Not right now.

Edit: This is a good place to go to get some information: https://development.g33xnexus.com/projects/precursors/wiki/Universe
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 02:31:11 pm by morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett