Author Topic: Back...  (Read 14021 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Back...
« on: May 21, 2007, 02:50:01 pm »
Well, I'm back, 'officially'. I'm in the middle of a good deal of major life decisions, and one of the things I've decided is that Precursors had languished too long. I know the semester's been rough; it's been hell for me. Still, I think it's time for renewed vigor, and a new set of goals and direction for Precursors. Expect quite a bit of work to be done in the near future.

I also just want to let everyone know that I now have several pots in the fire, so I will be working on many projects not just precursors. I'll also be working, and moving (most likely) so I can't promise to be the most present, but I will be here, and I will be pushing this forward. I've pretty much decided that now's the time to make this my life. So I'm going to.

Well, consider this my little inspirational speech to all the forumites.

Oh, one last thing... Anyone interested in doing some RP on these forums? I'll setup a RP section if people want to. :-D

--Morgul
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Back...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:02:53 pm »
RP was something I was thinking of a while back. I'm interested, despite the retards RP seems to attract... So far we don't have any such RPtards on the forums (to my knowledge), so I'd say let's have at it.

Besides, we can always use some new targets for shooting practice.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:35:09 pm »
[...]Besides, we can always use some new targets for shooting practice.

Very true. Then again, I'll put Ginny in charge of N00b roasting...

...O.o The thought of Ginny with a flamethrower... I'm very scared now
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:36:52 pm »
Something I just realized - Ginny has a forum name, right? So doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of not telling people who she is on the comic site?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:49:33 am »
If she has one, what is it? Anyway i think RP would be a wonderful thing. As long as people keep up to date with it. With the RP me and my friends in the anime club are doing, none has done anything withit in weeks. oh and Ginny witth a flame thrower is more amusing than scary. maybe cuz she wouldn't hurt me!
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:06:55 am »
Something I just realized - Ginny has a forum name, right? So doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of not telling people who she is on the comic site?

Oh, she's going to tell people who she is. So, it's not self defeating. She's just being dramtic.

Offline leftie

• Art Slave
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 10:14:05 am »
XD No, it doesn't destroy my... 'mystique'. I am simply here by name, just as on the comic site. >.>
I am Emer-woman of mystery!

Emer does indeed desire RP. >D And a flamethrower.
And, Erica, NO ONE is safe from the flamethrower... particularly not in MY hands.
Remember when I was playing Unreal 2, Chris?  ::)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:18 am »
[...]
And, Erica, NO ONE is safe from the flamethrower... particularly not in MY hands.
Remember when I was playing Unreal 2, Chris?  ::)

*shudders* Yeah, I remember.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 10:45:58 am »
Just cause she roasted you doesn't mean the rest of us should fear her.  Remember the wars . . . Dawn is still licking his wounds from that.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline leftie

• Art Slave
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 10:49:17 am »
Oh, that's alright. It's best that you not fear me... makes it easier for me.

>D

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 10:49:56 am »
...Ouchies. That was hella fun.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 07:14:30 pm »
Bring it, babe.  I'm married - nothing scares me.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 10:03:12 pm »
Cae, I dunno man. [sarcasm] She can be pretty scary when she's upset. [/sarcasm]

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 09:40:48 am »
You don't know my wife.  ;D

(note: I'm just kidding, my wife is wonderful)

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 10:09:08 am »
(note: I'm just kidding, my wife is wonderful)
that's wonderful cae!
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 06:07:45 pm »
You say wonderful. I say "condolences." :D

Of course, Cae knows I'm joking. It's still a bit surreal that he's married. Seeing him marry somebody he really loved made me get all introspective about what I want out of life, chicks, marriage, etc. But fear not - it's wearing off, at least a bit. ;)
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 07:13:27 pm »
Better not . . . it'll change your life.  It's a good thing.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 09:17:25 pm »
Exactly - I can't grow up yet!

Seriously, though, it has had a positive effect. Not gonna stop me from hitting on chicks in bars to get some experience in the game theory side of things, but it's at least got me wondering whether I'm wanting short flings or long-term stuff right now, and at least modified how selective I'll be with girls in the future. Or something like that - it's hard to explain.

Ah well, back to morgul's plans for world domination, starting with Precursors!
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 10:17:08 pm »
And RFI.

Oh, and as for flirting with girls in bars - lemme say one thing:

gonorrhea BURNS!

;D

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 11:36:12 pm »
...Or so you hear, right?

Actually, (and more on this in another thread I'm going to be writing in a few minutes (hours?) the world domination might not be through Precursors just yet. Precursors is huge, and as such, won't be done in the next two years... GNE needs something to show by then. So, it might END with Precursors, but it will begin with something much smaller... and... shall I say 'bloodier'? *evil grin*

Well, off to rub the back of my Art Slave... erm.. girl friend...

--Morgul

P.S. Oh, and marriage will change your life. Suddenly you find out how much of a slob you've been. :-p