Author Topic: New to the forums  (Read 7508 times)

Offline cara

• Cadet
  • I won the internet!
    • View Profile
New to the forums
« on: April 29, 2007, 12:06:51 pm »
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums.  I've been watching precursors development for a while now.  I tried to help but my game programming skills (even programming skills) aren't at the level of the developers.  However, I have enrolled in some game programming courses at school. Hopefully I'll be able to lend some of my knowledge to the game developers. 

I guess I'll post with you all more often. 

cara

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: New to the forums
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 12:10:53 pm »
Haha, welcome to the boards. Like I said, give us till about June, and we'll have Trac and such redone to where everything makes sense.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:32:47 am »
Welcome! It's great to have new people!
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline cara

• Cadet
  • I won the internet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 05:47:01 pm »
Haha, welcome to the boards. Like I said, give us till about June, and we'll have Trac and such redone to where everything makes sense.

Hah, y'all need to update it right nya!

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 10:19:16 am »
Knowing the deveolpers as well as i do, they probally need to. I happen to be the little sister of the mastermind of this entire thing; Morgul or chris depending on where you find him.
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 11:05:41 am »
Yeah, we're WAY behind.  This semester's been CRAZY for just about everyone.

Welcome to the forums, btw!
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline cara

• Cadet
  • I won the internet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 07:33:39 pm »
I only ask because I want to help too and I'm not sure what needs to be done.  I'm in school as well for what, "game and simulation programming". 

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 11:56:38 pm »
Woot!  Not a bad start.  Best thing you can do right now is get to know everyone. 

I'm Caenus, aka Keith.  I'm President of Content Design and Head of the Art Department. 

Cushy title for "I draw pretty pictures".  Also, anyone else who draws pretty pictures reports to me.  If you want to try your hand at modeling something or anything like that, we can always use someone who's got a decent grasp of the three dimensions.   :P

I'm currently finishing up a mathematics degree with a minor in Spanish, and I'm getting married next Saturday.  I'm in Texas, by the way.  We're a rather . . . widespread bunch.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 12:34:57 am »
Pretty pictures - oh, is THAT what you're calling those. Meh, beauty in the eye of the beholder and whatnot, I guess.

I kid, I kid. :D

Okay, LONG past time for bed now. Tests tomorrow - PRAY HARD.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 06:42:03 pm »
Hmmmm . . . now I shall be plotting your death.  :P

Offline cara

• Cadet
  • I won the internet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 06:50:29 pm »
LoL That makes 3 of us in Texas. Ain't we grand.  Oh yeah congrats on the marriage.  I got married myself in December. And I would probably be asking you for help for my current class.  Professor says we're suppose to do some drawing.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 09:10:00 am »
I'm 17 and have no purpose here really except Chris's story editor. Unofficially of course. I've just about edited and corrected and read through all twenty some odd copiies of the stoyr behind this game. Priledges of being a little sister of a programmer, i guess. My name is Erica btw. and i live in New York. not the city. yeah that's about all i do here. but i think everyone thinks i'm wonderful. Or at least contingencyplan does. And maybe Caenus
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 11:46:39 pm »
Yeah, maybe Caenus.   ;D

Hey cara, I'll gladly help you out with anything you want, but remember, I'm not a conventional artist - I'm a comic book/sketch/concept artist.  Anything else you'll probably wanna get an art major to help with, not a math major.

Oh, and since you're in Texas, I've gotta ask.  Where do you go to school?

Offline cara

• Cadet
  • I won the internet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 06:32:31 pm »
I wish they had something like this at UofH or something but only at DeVry.  (UofH is too expensive anyway, and I don't have the time for a live classroom).

cara

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 09:10:02 am »
U of H? What's that?
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:12 pm »
University of Houston

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 09:30:02 am »
Thank you! i really hate being confused about things
~Erica~

Offline cara

• Cadet
  • I won the internet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 09:34:11 am »
Ooo sorry, yeah University of Houston.  I would have had to take a comp sci class but I got caught up in Computer Engineering Tech.  I dunno why I chose to do this because I love programming as well.  We touched programming but not as much as I really would have liked too. 

Anyway, I'm at DeVry doing game and simulation programming.  My second year starts this coming July.  (lol @ physics I managed to pass by with a B. Sigh I sometimes hate reading and that's the only reason why I have such grade.)

I'll be studying math for game programming (funny I love math) and *gasp* English.  "What dey don't like mah englush?"

cara

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 12:31:30 pm »
Where is DeVry? I thought it was in Dallas, but you're still in Houston. Are there multiple campuses?
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 01:31:32 pm »
cplan: There's a DeVry near Buffalo, so I'm guessing there's multiple campuses around the country.

cara: Welcome to the forums! I need to keep an eye on things around here better. -.- Have you heard the most recent announcements concerning our projects? (if not, check the General Announcements board)
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche