G33X Nexus Entertainment > General Announcements

Precursors v0.3.1 alpha Released

(1/1)

Morgul:
Today marks the second time since we started this project that we've done a release. This release is what the previous one should have been. It has taken hundreds of hours to get from 0.3 to here, and it will take hundreds more for our next release. However, as head of this project, I know that the team I'm working with is more than willing to do what it takes to get Precursors to a final release. I have the privlege and honor of working with two brilliant programmers, one of whom has only recently joined. As you take a look at what we've been doing, keep in mind that the credit goes to them, for all the hard work they've put into this.

This release is almost a complete rewrite of the previous version. We've rewritten atleast two thirds of the code we had before, to make it better, faster, and more stable. We have worked hard to improve controls, and even though there aren't any new features, we're now ready to put those in. I take great pride in what we've done so far, and I promise you that before the end of september, we will have a thrid release that will include a GUI, Networking, and combat. (That's the goal). Please, tell your friends about us, and try to get as many people on the forums as possible. Right now we're willing to take on new developers, or other people who want to contribute. We won't promise a dev spot to anyone, but we're open to expanding our team.

A side note. Right now there's only a linux version up. The windows version will be added tonight, with any luck. Thank you all for staying with us, and I hope you all bring more people into the community we're building.

--Chris

P.S. I will post later with a list of controls, and an update when the windows version is uploaded.

Morgul:
It's released!! Both windows and Linux are up, and the windows version has an installer.  :D  :lol:

Enjoy! (and leave feedback!)

[EDIT:] The Windows version is fixed! Yaaay![/EDIT]

whitelynx:
The windows version isn't necessarily corrupt, it just didn't finish uploading. It's tough doing anything when your connection drops every few seconds and the FTP server doesn't support resume. I'm currently in the process of attempting to upload it again. Once it can be verified that the version on the site is good, I'll post again here.

Dave

Morgul:
Uploaded windows version, and fixed a bug in the process..... Now I need sleep....

--Chris

Morgul:
Some people have reported a broken linux version. Appearantly, that is because the app links against certain libs that were not contained in the release, and unless a system had the versions of the libs it wanted, it would crash. So, we have recompiled the release, and included all the libs known to cause issues. Please, report more problems to us. (However, it's possible we will switch to a new linux package system in the future to avoid this.)

--Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version