Author Topic: Just dropping a line to update everyone!!  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Recon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Just dropping a line to update everyone!!
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:26:46 am »
Hi all,
   Just to let everyone know that I am still around.Been working on a star background, I got a plugin that draws the stars from the catalog for each frame but have had no success getting it to look good. Seem like there is a shortage of graphic functions that I can use in CS. Also this is very expensive in FPS.
   So I am planning on tring to get imagemagick working and create a normal skybox using 6 meterials. 
   I started a job so I dont have nearly as much time to spend on this as I did but I am still plugging away. Anyway , would be interested in hearing what everyone else is up to and any suggestions on how to make stars look good. 

Regards

Offline Recon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Just dropping a line to update everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:50:55 am »
hi,
   Just want to let you all know the reason I'v not been about lately, I been having computer problems. First my DVD drive stopped working , when i was trying to see what was wrong with that the HDD drive that holds my "home" dir got a bad superblock, and to cap it all my telephone company decided it was a good time to disconect my phone for a week. so been having a bad 2 weeks regarding computers.
   Hopefully I will be able to recover my HDD as I have a lot of stuff setup on that drive and would be a real pain to set it all up again. luckly the code i been working on is on the svn server so that should be ok. anyway, I should be back up and running sometime next week(when I get the time to fix my ubuntu setup).

Regards

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:36:37 am »
Wow, that sucks hard. What was wrong with the superblock - depending on the partition type and the tools, you may be able to fix it, or at least salvage the rest of the data from the drive.

Yay for SVN though, right?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Recon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 07:45:39 am »
Yaa, Fixed my Hdd, no data loss.

Happy camper

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 02:28:37 pm »
woot! 
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.