Author Topic: just some screen shots of what i been doing!  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Recon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
just some screen shots of what i been doing!
« on: December 20, 2006, 06:11:53 pm »
they still pritty rough but going to try figure out some way of getting 2 different scales working at the same time. Then I will try make it look pritty :)

PS, the forums been very quite. anything going on !!!!!

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: just some screen shots of what i been doing!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 08:18:06 pm »
We're all pretty busy.  I've been keeping busy with my new job and the comic strip.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 08:37:31 pm »
Recon, VERY nice. yeah, focus on making it work, then on making it purty.

But excellent progress - keep it coming!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline CaptBewil

• Developers
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 10:35:24 am »
I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at here...

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 05:31:48 pm »
I rather like this. For those who don't know, Recon's working on an app that lets us construct solarsystems.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Recon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 07:11:36 pm »
Well , starting to make it a bit nicer looking, but I fear I am killing the fps. Well, here is the latested.

going to try get some sort of halo plugin working as the one in CS is lacking some basic features I need. 

I also was in touch with kiolakin and got access to the cvs of his planetmesh plugin, now just got to figure out how to compile it ( he using msvc ). but from what i saw its seems perfect for precursors ( he is looking for a svn repository to keep his development files so I pointed him in your direction, hope you dont mind, think it would be a good idea to give him as much support as possible ).

and on a final note the reson I trying to get precursors compiled is i think it's time    I started trying to intergrate my solar plugin to see how that would work (with regard to scale and fps) . bit of a shame i dont have as much time as i did but that the way it goes.

regards

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:24:23 pm by Recon »

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Head Code Monkey
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 10:34:34 am »
Looking great! Like everyone else has been pointing out, we're really busy this semester; I've gotten involved with a few different projects that are more closely related to school, so I've needed to focus on them, but hopefully this summer I'll get a chance to put some work back into Precursors.

We would almost definitely be able to host kiolakin's plugin, but he'd probably be best off trying to contact us via email or these forums, since none of us except cplan have been very active on IRC lately. (sorry for that)

Looking forward to seeing this in Precursors!
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche