Author Topic: Need help with linker/Autoconfig, Stuck!!  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Recon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Need help with linker/Autoconfig, Stuck!!
« on: December 15, 2006, 01:53:35 pm »
Well, I appear to be stuck.
Being trying to dynamical link some exteranl apps to my planet generator for the last week and have failed utterly to make any headway. the libs in question are

ImageMagicK and RT

RT is the realtime clock and I need it for moving my moons, Second intervals are just to long. I need ImageMagick to create materials that are bigger that the screen. I have being trying to get them to dynamicaly link when I build my project by changing configure.ac but have had no success. I have looked and asked for help everywhere I can think of but getting nowhere.

revision 1082 of my sandbox is compilable and working copy of what I have done so far with the offending bits commented out. The revision description gives the line numbers of the offending bits of code. so if any of you can try get those librarys to link I would be most greatful. Send me the modified configure.ac file :)

I think I will spend a bit of time tring to actually create a soultion to the scale problem. This is a knotty problem but should not require any external librarys :), I am open to any suggestions cause as it stands I may need to create 3 different scales to actualy get everything working right.

Regards

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Head Code Monkey
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with linker/Autoconfig, Stuck!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 07:23:45 pm »
Well, I appear to be stuck.
Being trying to dynamical link some exteranl apps to my planet generator for the last week and have failed utterly to make any headway. the libs in question are

ImageMagicK and RT

RT is the realtime clock and I need it for moving my moons, Second intervals are just to long.
Please don't use an external library for this; CS includes a virtual clock that should be used for all game timing things... otherwise, things will keep running even if the game is paused. (I know, online games normally don't get paused, but we're planning on making a single-player version of this eventually) iVirtualClock provides methods to get the number of ticks elapsed since the last call, which should be perfect for what you're working on. (you can't really do stuff faster than the framerate anyways, so just go on a per-frame basis) Ticks in CS are milliseconds. (1/1000 second)

I need ImageMagick to create materials that are bigger that the screen. I have being trying to get them to dynamicaly link when I build my project by changing configure.ac but have had no success. I have looked and asked for help everywhere I can think of but getting nowhere.

revision 1082 of my sandbox is compilable and working copy of what I have done so far with the offending bits commented out. The revision description gives the line numbers of the offending bits of code. so if any of you can try get those librarys to link I would be most greatful. Send me the modified configure.ac file :)
I'll see if i can take a look at the configure.ac as far as ImageMagick goes. I'll let you know if I'm able to get it working.
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche