Author Topic: Gems and References  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Gray Haired
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Gems and References
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:30:04 pm »
Some gems and References for Contingencyplan. I'll post more as I find good/relevant ones.

Keeping a Massively Multiplayer Online Game Massive, Online, and Persistent by Shea Street, Tantrum Games.

References:
[Ratcliff01] Ratcliff, John W. "Sphere Trees for Fast Visibility Culling, Ray Tracing, and Range Searching." Game Programming Gems 2. Charles River Media, Inc, 2001

[Street05] Street, Shea. "Massively Multiplayer Games Using a Distributed Services Approach." In Massively Multiplayer Game Development 2. Charles River Media, Inc,. 2005

Fast and Efficient Implementation of a Remote Procedure Call System. by Hyun-jik Bae

References:

[Breck99] eNITL. The Network Improv Template Language Available online at http://networkimprov.com/enitl/enitl.html.

[Parr04] Parr, Terence. ANTLR Parser Generator v2.7.4 Available online at http://www.antlr.org

*Note: Actually not all the rest of these references are useful. Just some OS stuff. Will post if cplan wants it.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Gems and References
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:03:20 pm »
Okay. Now I really want to know what the RPC system is using ANTLR for. (I'm using ANTLR + StringTemplate in the SequenceL C generator.)

Keep posting the references, and get in touch with me over IRC to discuss that second article.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal