Author Topic: [Arc 1:] Prelude for Requiem  (Read 10205 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
[Arc 1:] Prelude for Requiem
« on: October 07, 2006, 03:19:17 pm »
So, anyone confused yet? It might be a bit much to take in, and it has been a bit much to try and write coherently. Eh, people should pick up on it quickly enough. I hope.

So, thoughts?

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

grnrmchck

Re: [Arc 1:] Prelude for Requiem
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 12:22:51 am »
Yeah, I'm a bit confused, but I understand it's all just getting started.
If I don't understand eventually, I'll recognize how dumb college is making me and spend some much needed time with Batman. Which is where I'm going now.
Yeah, it's late and I'm tired, but I just joined into the forum so I didn't feel it would be right to not leave a "Hey, I'm here!" post.

~K~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 12:33:31 am »
Hey, thanks for joining.  I'm Keith - the artist.

Like I've said in my blogs, just wait.  Once we get into arc 2, you'll begin to understand where this is all headed. 
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 01:14:10 am »
If I don't understand eventually, I'll recognize how dumb college is making me and spend some much needed time with Batman. Which is where I'm going now.
Yeah, it's late and I'm tired, but I just joined into the forum so I didn't feel it would be right to not leave a "Hey, I'm here!" post.

~K~

Welcome, and Salutations! Congrats on being the first ever Requiem Forumite.

Yeah, it is a bit confusing, and It's a big learning experience for us as it will be for you. If you wouldn't mind asking some questions, we'll try to answer them, and Might even put up some bonus strips explaining what's confusing. :)

--Chris

(The guy responsible for the confusion)
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 01:51:41 am »

Batman kicks ass. Just thought I'd state the obvious real quick. Carry on.

~K~

GOD BLESS YOU FOR DOING SO! You have no idea how much I hate seeing people register on the forum and then give no indication they're even there... of course, I've done it plenty of times too, so maybe I should talk... :-\

At any rate, though I'm not involved directly with Requiem, let me extend my welcomes to you as well.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

grnrmchck

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:35:33 am »
Thanks for the welcomes. Yeah I hate it when someone new comes in and doesn't at least make it known they're there. It really kind of makes joining a forum pointless. I'm excited to see where Requiem is headed. I've definitely been telling my friends they should check it out.

I don't know if I have any questions right now, I'm just still trying to introduce myself to all the characters and figure out some of the background stuff like who they are, what they're doing, and where they are! You may have explained all this in your blogs, but I haven't really had the time to sit and read those, but I am caught up on the strip, so hopefully now I can go back through.

Looking forward to seeing what's coming, but for now I go to probably fall asleep eating cookies and watching Gargoyles.
~K~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 09:59:02 am »
Gargoyles!  Heh, I remember when that show came out . . . a long time ago. 

Awesome.  Well, we're more than happy to explain anything you want to know, and I'll even take some art requests (if you wanna see certain filler art or something).  I can't guarantee anything, but feel free to make any requests. 

Realize that, for me at least, this semester has been extremely difficult, and I'm looking at changing jobs so right now, the strips may be a little slow on the production side.  You'll get some cool filler art though (I draw between classes to unwind). 
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 04:45:52 pm »
If we can ask, how did you find Requiem?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 06:34:46 pm »
...All I have to say is, wait for the holloween strip. You'll enjoy it.

grnrmchck

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 03:34:54 am »
I'm totally cool with not uncerstanding as of yet, I know ya'll are still getting everything worked out.
My roommate (whom I'm making read Requiem) said that it was good, but since it's so random, it's hard to get into right now without a little more of a hook. But I totally understand that ya'll are working out the kinks!

What job are you thinking of moving to Keith?

Now off to bed after just spending two hours at IHOP. Yeah for random trips to IHOP at 2, but I don't have class tomorrow so it's all gravy and I'm gonna go try and slow my mind with more Gargoyles and then sleep till who knows when!
~K~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 12:46:23 pm »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just happened to look at your email address, HOPE!

Morgul (and anyone who is thoroughly confused), this is my sister.

I didn't realize it . . . sad.

Hope, I just put in an application at ASB, they need a call center employee. 

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 02:35:01 pm »
Well, gee. :) Nice to meet you, Hope. Looks like your brother should spend less time infront of a computer, seeing as how he didn't recognize you.

grnrmchck

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 07:44:43 pm »
Nice to meet you all, yes I am Keith's sister. And Keith, I wasn't trying to hide, I just decided to use a different profile name this time, I was wondering when you'd figure it out!

BTW I'm kind of confused by the latest filler, possibly b/c I don't even really know who Bumper is.

Another thing, everyone NEEDS to go see The Prestige, it is absolutely A-M-Azing!

Now I'm off to my tub of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream that I'm sharing with my roommate and more Gargoyles, probably followed by Futurama!
~K~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 04:35:29 pm »
That's a comic that Chris and I put together for a guest strip over at www.dominic-deegan.com.

<sarcasm>Nice job explaining the strip there, Chris</sarcasm>

grnrmchck

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 12:26:30 am »
So Chris actually did do a good job of explaining it, at least giving a basic understanding to someone who hasn't read the other strip, but I just didn't realize that it was for another strip, I was trying to connect it to Requiem and that's why I was confused, he he . . he. Yeah, I know I would've understood more had I actually read further down the page, but I'm a busy person, what with all the spring cleaning and sleeping and movie going I've had to do this weekend . . . . . shut up Richard.

BTW just got back from Marie Antoinette and I have mixed feelings. It is VERY slow, like slower than Forrest Gump kind of slow, but the costumes were AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Now off to New New York.
~K~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 12:21:31 am »
Heh, yay Futurama!

I'm curious about Marie Antoinette.  Oh, and Hope, if you want me to *ahem* dispose of Jared so you can have some time . . . with whomever . . . just tell me.  I'm sure I can stage an effective kidnapping/fake torture session (a la The Punisher - someone get me a steak, a blowtorch, and a popsicle). 

Shoot, Chris would probably help me.

Yeah, anywho - be sure to read the blogs, those are key to understanding a lot of the earlier stuff.