Author Topic: Uber-Tuff DoomSender Anti-Capital Ship Pistol [and others]  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Uber-Tuff DoomSender Anti-Capital Ship Pistol [and others]
« on: July 12, 2005, 11:41:11 pm »
I want this as an easter egg, or something to make people laugh... including random appearances of things like a Super Star Destroyer, or a Borg Cube, or somthing..... (imagine, a player's flying along, and borg cube suddenly appears, and sends out the standard 'We are the Borg. Resistance is futile." message, shoots the player up, and then suddenly a fleet of federation ships shows up, and starts attacking them.. the player escapes, tells everyone, "OMG OMG! I just escaped the BORG! Come, look in System Wolf 359!" People show up there, and there's nothing. No sign of anything... (except maybe a single starfleet phaser, or combadge)

Yeah, I like messing with people.

Oh, and about the UTDSACP... I'd like to make it rediculously huge..... :-D
(Since it'd be an easter egg, balancing it isn't a problem... it'd be under our control.)

So, thoughts? (I also want 'guest' appearance of things like the Swordfish from Cowboy beebop, and other anime ships. Most non-hostile, and all controlled by people I trust not to abuse any sort of 'fun' things I add to them ;) )

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 08:28:05 am »
These are all good ideas... Unfortunately, they would also require obtaining permission from their respective copyright holders to use them.  Unlikely, given this is a commercial product not particularly related to what they are doing.  Nontheless, it's gonna be a pain to do anyways.

Nevertheless, I'd love to pick a fight with a Borg Cube. :-)

~Brian
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 09:46:12 am »
Quote from: "contingencyplan"
These are all good ideas... Unfortunately, they would also require obtaining permission from their respective copyright holders to use them.

Not really. Only if it's a part of the game.... It *could* be an 'unofficial mod' that happens to be applied.... people modify games all the time, to include things like that.... so long as it's not a 'feature' of the game... We're fine. (I've done research.)

However if we market the game with, "Random Borg battles!" in the feature list... Paramount will come down on our asses like white on rice on a paperplate in a snow storm.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett