Author Topic: Art Request: logo work  (Read 8356 times)

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
Art Request: logo work
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:34:31 am »
I'm doing some work on our Trac page, since it's going to replace the old website as soon as possible. (the old site is outdated and of rather bland design, as well as being hard to update.)

I figured I'd get some help from the artists, since we're going to need a logo for that page. Right now it's just the GNE logo, which is great, but I kinda think the Precursors page should display the Precursors logo somewhere. :P

Basically, I need a Precursors logo image that will fit on that page. I'd say make it at most 512px wide, and possibly up to 512px tall. It's possible to have part of the logo extend down below the navbar onto the page itself, so long as the background is dark enough that the text can still be read clearly. Try to keep any text and most of the detail in the top 100px or so of the image, so that it doesn't make the page too tall. Please submit images as .png files.

Thanks!

Dave
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
Re: Art Request: logo work
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 09:46:41 am »
Another couple of logo tasks for those who would like to work on them.

First task is creating a good set of icons: one for the client, (the standard game) one for the dedicated server, and one for the installer. Each icon needs to have 16x16 and 32x32 versions, and optionally a 48x48 version as well.

Second task is a "banner" image for the installer. (the little image at the top of each installer window) It should be about 150x57 pixels. (All the ones that come with NSIS are this size; I think we can go wider than that, but I wouldn't suggest making it any taller than 57)

Thanks again!
 - Nietzsche

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 03:10:05 pm »
Anyone gunna even respond??
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 12:03:11 am »
Apparently not.  I'd do it, but I'm more into the hand drawn stuff.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 12:38:37 am »
Don't worry, school's about to start up again. I think that when school starts back up, cae and I should still head to the art dept and see about putting up fliers or something. Unless the guys Cae hired are going to be doing work on Precursors (dunno - what's the status on them?).

Cae, whatcha think?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 12:42:13 am »
They're gonna work on it, but they need projects.  That's not my job.  Until we are given something to do, then our potential can not be fully explored.  Personally, I think we'll be fine.  If I DO run into some trouble, I'll holler at you and we'll put something together.  For now, let's see what John and Amy can do.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 10:57:46 am »
Well, I guess give them this then. It's very minor, but still, it's a start.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 12:27:47 pm »
Not a bad idea.  I'll see what they come up with.

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 10:56:46 pm »
Thanks! :) Looking forward to seeing what they do with it...
 - Nietzsche

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 10:51:48 am »
Cae, we need to communicate more. If you have people sitting around idle, fire me off an e-mail asking for the next project. I have a shit ton of ideas for both precursors and alluvion... there's a huge about to do... I think I'm going to start making artwork tickets in Trac.... Hmm...

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 02:10:50 pm »
Start emailing me DETAILED ideas.  These guys know NOTHING of the universe we've created, but given proper direction can do a shitload.  The only problem is, I don't know how much they'll do sans compensation.  I know modelling without pay is out of the question because it takes SO much time.

Offline Xentither

• Concept Artist
  • Ensign
  • mrrrrrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 02:59:56 pm »
Raarrr...

K, i gotta couple concepts that turn the precursors logo into a weapon, it that cool? do we want dried blood on the hand of the guy holding it? Or do we want something streamlined and suave like so many of the other logos?

Yes, I made this....

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 03:32:16 pm »
I like streamlined an suave myself. But, I'd like to see some of your other concepts.

Offline Xentither

• Concept Artist
  • Ensign
  • mrrrrrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 07:28:36 pm »
rawk, i will jump upon it with great ferocity...

But for the life of me i can't find the basic logo, Caenus showed me on his comp but I am helpless.

Post it and I shall fabricate variance.

Yes, I made this....

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 08:36:20 pm »
The source images are in the only sticky topic in this forum: Source Files for Precursors Artwork

The images you'll probably want to take a look at are precursors_background.svg and 3xelogo.svg, which you'll need Inkscape to look at.
 - Nietzsche

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 11:39:51 pm »
He's been showing me some REALLY wild ideas - you'll like it.

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 04:44:51 am »
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.
 - Nietzsche

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 01:04:27 pm »
Did anything ever happen with this? I'd like to see what those results were....
 - Nietzsche

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 07:15:54 am »
Nah, it never went anywhere.  I need to convince him to get off his ass and rejoin the forums.  He moved to a remote area and is probably bored out of his mind.