G33X Nexus Entertainment > General Announcements

Welcome the New Webmaster, and Head of Public Relations!

<< < (2/3) > >>

NeoLithic:
Thanks for the greetz guys.

As for the blog, I am most definitely all for it, and if I wasn't at work today, I was actually going to post the idea (got it on my way to work).

I think that each member of the team having their own blog is the way to go. I've seen this with many companies, and it seems to work quite well. I remember when I was younger going to WebDog just so I could read the latest .plan updates for the boys from id Software.

But, that's just my two cents...

whitelynx:
Welcome to the team, NeoLithic!

I'm Dave, the lead programmer for GNE. 'Nuff said. :P

--- Quote from: contingencyplan on July 10, 2006, 11:09:59 am ---I don't know how well that will work, if we're planning on doing everything through Trac. I'll have to look at that, but to my knowledge, there's *one* blog. I'll see if you can get it to filter stuff, though. I think you can.

--- End quote ---
Actually, reading the TracBlogPlugin page on TracHacks, it says that you can put a blog on each page, which afaik means that you can have multiple separate blogs.

I'd love to put the blog plugin in Trac... it requires the Tags plugin as well, which should give us some interesting flexibility as far as organization goes.

NeoLithic:

--- Quote from: Caenus on July 10, 2006, 10:31:59 am ---Anywho, I am Caenus, Head of Content Design and President of the Art Department.  Anything regarding the look of anything must go through me and then on to Morgul.  (I'm also working on designing the look of the site you're coding)

--- End quote ---

Since you're the one doing the redesign, I know who to drop all of my little tidbits of goodness I'd like added to the site (ie. Jobs page, Media page, Press Releases, Links (useful for linking to popular gaming sites, just to generate a good reputation with the good sites) etc.)

For those that are wondering what I'm working on right now, I am currently attempting to generate a fan base for the game through other gaming sites and through events. I am also organizing a mailing list, putting together a press kit, as well as taking our current graphic package and creating a fan-site kit.

If there is anything else anyone wants, just let me know.

contingencyplan:

--- Quote from: NeoLithic on July 10, 2006, 08:16:29 pm ---For those that are wondering what I'm working on right now, I am currently attempting to generate a fan base for the game through other gaming sites and through events. I am also organizing a mailing list, putting together a press kit, as well as taking our current graphic package and creating a fan-site kit.

If there is anything else anyone wants, just let me know.

--- End quote ---

So how exactly are you generating a fan base for the game using those methods? They sound cool; I'm just curious as to the "behind the scenes / who you're paying off ;D" kind of stuff.

Also, looking at the Planeshift forums, I can't help but notice how much difference having a working game demo makes...

* contingencyplan gets to work on coding.

NeoLithic:

--- Quote from: contingencyplan on July 10, 2006, 08:41:50 pm ---So how exactly are you generating a fan base for the game using those methods? They sound cool; I'm just curious as to the "behind the scenes / who you're paying off ;D" kind of stuff.

--- End quote ---

Mostly by working with gaming sites to organize email / IRC based exclusive interviews, doing the whole IRC Chat night, later on getting Caenus to give me renders to offer exclusively to sites. Essentially, generate a lot of interest in the project on large sites. The game will get noticed a little bit more, and it will make it a lot easier to get a lot of traffic going on the forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version