Author Topic: Random Graphic Idea:  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Random Graphic Idea:
« on: July 09, 2006, 07:08:03 pm »
Seeing as how the Precursors Logo has been seeing some attention, (thanks Neolithic) I thought I'd throw in a random idea.

Ok, picture cat eyes (with the vertical slits). Now, imagine them reflecting the precursors logo. (Whitelynx's idea.)

Now, imagine doing a trailer, with a shadowed face, and these eyes with vertical slits opening, the logo reflecting. They blink once, you hear an animal like growl, and then the face pulls back into complete shadow, only leaving the eyes, then just the logos, which merge into one, and "The Seventh Game: Precursors" appears.

Sure, this needs some work from a cinimatic perspective (Cae, ya mind? :-p), but I think it would work. What's even better is the fact that we can use a Grey as the character. (Their eyes are rather unique, and can be slited, but are most assuredly not the stereotypical cat eyes.)

Whatcha think?
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline NeoLithic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Random Graphic Idea:
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 07:12:26 pm »
Sounds like a good idea to me. It would definitely look cool if the eyes had an almost firey look to them, like a lot of reds, yellows and oranges. Something that looks totally creepy, yet draws your attention right away.
------------------------------------
Jay
Nuff said...

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 08:21:49 pm »
agreed. Oh, and check this for what the eyes look like...
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:33:04 am »
I can come up with some story boards and some cinematic fun for this one, sure.  It's gonna take a while though.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline NeoLithic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 03:07:05 pm »
I was thinking about the eye for a couple of days, and I think it would work better if the cat's eye was standard, instead of sideways, since the logo has height, but no width. I've attached a drawing so you can see what I'm talking about.
Jay
Nuff said...

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 09:26:36 pm »
That's actually what I was talking about.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 10:53:44 pm »
d'oh.

Offline NeoLithic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 09:17:19 am »
That's actually what I was talking about.

Oh, I wasn't sure, cause the cat's eye in the sketch you posted was horizontal, and I thought a vertical approach better suit the logo.
Jay
Nuff said...