Author Topic: New Logo Icon Rendition  (Read 5518 times)

Offline NeoLithic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
New Logo Icon Rendition
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:17:03 pm »
Well, here is another rendition of mine of the Precursors icon. Enjoy...

------------------------------------
Jay
Nuff said...

Neo

Re: New Logo Icon Rendition
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 11:33:37 pm »
I like that. That's Inner Shadow, Inner Glow and Stroke right?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 11:38:15 pm by Neo »

Offline NeoLithic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 07:54:28 am »
I like that. That's Inner Shadow, Inner Glow and Stroke right?

Actually, it's Outer Glow with a Gradient thrown on it, as well as Anti-Aliasing with a two wave filter on it, and an Inner Glow for the Grey.

I'll be posting some more renditions soon...I'm really considering poly modeling it next and going for a chrome / brushed metal look.
Jay
Nuff said...

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:52:39 pm »
Though I have no idea what y'all are talking about (explanations welcome, of course), I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 06:22:28 pm »
*ryguy_1617 does  :)

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 09:40:25 am »
Well, of course - y'all are part of the arteest side of the game. I'm on the programming side - my terms generally center around polymorphism, template specialization, dynamic allocation, and segmentation fault (and its corresponding term "SHIT!").

If you care, please enlighten.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 09:51:10 am »
*ryguy_1617 doesn't get that  ???

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 04:48:16 pm »
I do . . .

SEG FAULT!!

NOOOOOOOOOGODDAMNYOUMOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 03:53:21 am »
^^^^ Something along those lines. Actual terms vary from coder to coder, but generally center around a series of explicatives screamed at high volume (and sometimes high pitch).
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline NeoLithic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 09:08:52 am »
Though I have no idea what y'all are talking about (explanations welcome, of course), I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it.

Outer Glow - Essentially it add's colour to the exterior of the selection that is faded out over a distance defined by the user. Instead of using just one colour for this, I created a Gradiant (which is a row of different colours that blend and fade into one another at points that I define) and used that for the colour. I also added a little noise (distortion that breaks up the smooth blending).

Inner Glow - This is essentially the same thing as an outer glow, except it works for the inside of the selection. All I did with this is crank up the size, and add a lot of noise so that it filled the entire interior of the logo, and the noise essentially just broke it up and gave it a faded look.

Hope this helps. I'm just self taught, so don't expect too much in the way of explanations. I pretty much know how it works, just not how to describe it. lol.

Jay
Nuff said...

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 04:51:38 pm »
I dunno, I like those explainations.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 06:05:37 pm »
Makes sense to me - thanks for the lesson, Professor. :)
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal