Author Topic: Letter to the editor  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Letter to the editor
« on: June 27, 2006, 10:10:25 am »
To: x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r8
Re: Recent activity

GET THE FUCK OFF MY HARD DRIVE!!

Where the hell is 7?
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: Letter to the editor
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 03:32:11 pm »
To: x11-base/xorg-x11-7.1-r1
Re: Your performance

FUCK YOU TOO!

To: x11-base/xorg-x11-6.9.*
Re: Your rehire

Thank God you're back.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 08:48:24 am »
LOL

Apologies for my assistance in fucking it up, though.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 03:48:12 pm »
Yeah . . . next time you suggest emerge world . . . I'll have to perform the following:

cplan-login: root
password: *******

cplan: emerge -av pain

[ N   ]caenus-fist-to-face.tz
[ N   ]caenus-knife-to-gut.tz
[ N   ]caenus-kick-the-shit-out-of-you.tz

Do you want to emerge these packages? [Yes/No]y

emerging . . .

[====================>                        ]

;D

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:32:42 pm »
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 06:38:00 pm »
Hey, in my defense, I've been using Gentoo for over 2 years, and have never had a problem with emerge world. Takes an amount of configuration, but I've always gotten it to work (sometimes eventually, but still).

At any rate, though, apologies for screwing up your system. At least it's working now.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 07:29:37 pm »
Contingencyplan, no worries. He shoulda done emerge -U (update only). Even then, they tell you not to emerge world. Ah, well.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 11:14:52 am »
Seriously dude, no biggie.  I was just having fun trying to get some traffic restarted on the forums.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 02:44:11 pm »
Contingencyplan, no worries. He shoulda done emerge -U (update only). Even then, they tell you not to emerge world. Ah, well.

Where do they tell you this? And by "they", I assume you mean the Gentoo people?
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 09:19:22 pm »
Spend any time on the gentoo forums. Do a search for 'emerge world'. All will be explained. Or not.

* morgul should really try it, before claiming it will explain all.