Author Topic: Scorpion Fighter  (Read 4008 times)

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Scorpion Fighter
« on: June 02, 2006, 03:03:11 pm »
A new personal model I did...tell me what you think.  (Just a quick idea I came up with and sketched out during class right after finals :).)

Neo

Re: Scorpion Fighter
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:10:44 pm »
Looks very clunky, I prefer sleek modles myself... Maybe smooth it out a bit more? Jet line it?

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 01:48:52 am »
Behold the already dubbed Scorpion Class Reman fighter from Star Trek: Nemesis -

Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 07:57:53 am »
Ok, ill think up a new name.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 02:01:02 pm »
Looks very clunky, I prefer sleek modles myself... Maybe smooth it out a bit more? Jet line it?

For this one, the clunkiness works. Leave it like that - maybe it's a mining vessel or something, rather than a fighter. If it's a fighter, maybe it's a really old one or something. But for the look, I like it like it is.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 12:19:41 pm »
I definitely like the look. It works well for an older-model security fighter, probably used by corporations to keep pirates away from their installations.
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 09:36:46 pm »
I'd disagree there. If I'm leading a pirate group, I'm going to value swiftness and maneuverability as the highest qualities, not firepower. My goal isn't to to lead a full-scale invasion or destroy anything (after all, the more I destroy is more stuff I can't steal), it's to get in, grab shit, and run like hell. If a corporation is trying to ward off pirates, they'll do so with speed, not with firepower. It doesn't matter how big your guns are - the bigger they are, the slower they'll turn. The slower they turn, the faster you die so I can get my booty.

Okay, that just sounded bad. s/booty/loot.

At any rate, that's why the secret service are in the highest shape and don't carry rocket launchers and high-caliber rifles - they have to respond *quickly* and *effectively* to threats. Same goes for fighters trying to ward off pirates.

You try to scare me off with that ship, I'll be tickled, and you'll be dead.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 09:38:45 pm by contingencyplan »
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 09:40:38 pm »
Heh - well said.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.