Author Topic: Hud Concept 0.1  (Read 4574 times)

Neo

Hud Concept 0.1
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:56:26 am »
See Attachment

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
Re: Hud Concept 0.1
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 12:27:57 pm »
Nice. A couple of things I'd suggest... first, add more. This HUD doesn't really display that much in the way of information from what I can see. I need to see if we have anything written up on the wiki yet as far as what's expected in a HUD. If not, we should put something like that up soon as guidelines for HUD designs. Second, make the background of the HUD boxes a bit less transparent... it makes things hard to read when they're over a bad background. (like the strut in the upper-right of the screen) Third, make things a bit bigger. Bigger text = more readable. The thing to remember is that a HUD should be easy to get information from without needing to study it for any length of time. You should be able to tell what you need to know at a glance.
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche

Offline Xentither

• Concept Artist
  • Ensign
  • mrrrrrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 02:51:36 pm »
a thought perhaps, that the hud should differ with the ship. A massive kick your ass frigate and a mini godi'mscared hopper aren't going to have the same cockpits, and in the end, if you want an immersive experiance, it needs to be modeled, and for special bonus happinesses, the displays should be holographic projections, not flat screen distractions.

Yes, I made this....

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 12:06:29 am »
care to illustrate said extra happiness?
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Xentither

• Concept Artist
  • Ensign
  • mrrrrrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 02:24:12 am »
R-H-I-N-O, R-H-I-N-O, R-H-I-N-O and Rhino was it's name-o

Yes, I made this....

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 08:13:55 am »
Oh you mean the thing I've got a copy of, and should share?
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Xentither

• Concept Artist
  • Ensign
  • mrrrrrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 02:15:12 pm »
Woop! Yes, I haven't had a working copy of it in sooooooo long.
Much to my infinite dismay I seem to have lost every freakin jpg of my previous works somewhere. there shall be more, naturally, but a copy of Rhino would make me extra super warm and fuzzy inside.

Yes, I made this....

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 04:28:10 pm »
morgul, put it in my adidas folder, and I'll get it to him.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.