Author Topic: Networking Preview Release on it's way!  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Networking Preview Release on it's way!
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:39:19 pm »
Sorry it's taken a while to get this out the door, however we've put a bunch of work into it, and only *just* got it working in windows.

As of right now, we simple have to package everything up. What you will notice in this release is:

1) The ability to start a server
2) The ability to start a client (who needs to connect to a server)
3) The ability to ram into each other!!!!!!

That's about it, really. We've done some map changes, and so many other things that I don't want to bother with listing it all. I will let you all know when it's up. I'm pretty excited.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Networking Preview Release on it's way!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 03:12:59 am »
Perhaps we should keep a running "TaDa list" on the wiki - features and bugs fixed in the current release, to make it easier to see what is changed from one release to the next?

Of course, we probably already have this functionality elsewhere in trac, but it's horribly late, I'm tired, and I gotta be up in a few hours. Anyways, just thought I'd toss that out.

Looking forward to seeing what y'all have done!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 06:13:06 pm »
Well, actually we are doing something very much like that. Take a look at this: https://adidas.servegame.org/projects/precursors/roadmap

Also, there's the list of closed tickets per milestone: https://adidas.servegame.org/projects/precursors/query?status=closed&milestone=0.3.4 (yes, ignor the horrid colors... it's on our 'To be Fixed' list.)

However, not everything we did had a ticket... some were bugs we found, squashed, and then forgot about. So there's a bunch of stuff in this. Oh, and we figure sunday's a good day to get this done.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 01:02:03 pm »
Found a couple of alpha testers here in Lubbock.  I'm gonna get them to download it.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 07:17:14 pm »
I could prob get a few alpha testers ill see if LPAA (Lan party association of acton founded by me) is interested.  Hehe ramming into people im gonna PWN YOU ALL.  8)

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 09:29:53 pm »
lol. Keep in mind this will be an almost thrown together release, so it's very alpha quality. But, it's fun none the less.

Also, no damage yet, so it's just a bunch of bouncing. :-p

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 10:12:19 pm »
But if I manage to bounce you into a place where you get glitch-stuck I win :D....

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran