Author Topic: Probably not a bug but something on my side  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Gray Haired
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Probably not a bug but something on my side
« on: May 11, 2006, 05:44:26 am »
Ok, this is probably not a bug, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing it.

Here's the jam output.

http://g33xnexus.pastebin.com/711212

Here's the runtime output.

http://g33xnexus.pastebin.com/711217

At this point I think it's related to the DT_TEXREL warning message (as that's the only message around the networking stuff).

I've googled for it and all I can find is people suggesting using -fPIC, which it appears is being used. I've updated to gcc 3.4.5 and I still get the same problem. I've tried regetting the precursors source and raknet source and it still bombs out on me. The only wierd thing I have to do is symbolically link to the raknet headers in /usr/include. Oh, and it gets the undefined symbol whenever I try to start the server (same undefined symbol when trying to connect with the client as well).

Any suggestions?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: Probably not a bug but something on my side
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 10:56:08 am »
Hmm... the undefined symbol *is* the issue. the DT_TEXTREL happens on all our machines. I actually have nothing useful to say other than that... I'm pointing this to whitelynx who I think will know what to suggest.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Head Code Monkey
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:30:28 pm »
If i'm not mistaken, we fixed this over IRC a couple days ago... if this is a new problem, i'll take a look as soon as i'm done with targeting. (hopefully sometime this week)
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche

Offline Rosencrantz

• Gray Haired
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:21:08 pm »
Yeah we did, not an issue just old libraries hiding in places I forgot to check.

--Rosencrantz