Author Topic: New Release Roadmap  (Read 4465 times)

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
New Release Roadmap
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:32:56 pm »
I've just spent some time getting our Trac roadmap page filled out so it can be useful, so now instead of posting roadmaps here, we'll be updating that page. You can find the new Roadmap page at https://adidas.servegame.org/projects/precursors/roadmap.

Dave
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: New Release Roadmap
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 06:05:07 pm »
Also, now would be a good time to comment on the new look for Trac. I kinda like it, personally.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 01:56:42 am »
It's somewhat of a minor thing, but in the Browse Source page of Trac, listing the source of a file is just plain hard as hell to read. The dark scheme of the rest of the website clashing with the light scheme of the source listing = WTF?

Just thought I'd point that out. I was demo-ing our Trac system to the guys in the SequenceL group, and noticed that again.

On the plus side, they were at least impressed with Trac - I'm gonna work on setting that up over the next few hours.

Oh, and morgul - when you come down here, I want you around at least long enough to come to a SequenceL meeting, so that you can see 1) what I'm doing for my other master (Dr. Cooke); 2) so you can start getting an idea of whether SequenceL would work for server-side Precursors (eventually - it's not there yet); and 3) so you can see a few of the people you may be going to school with, so you'll have a head start if / when you start here. :D

Oh, and you wanted feedback, eh? Well, other than the Browse Source thing, I like it a lot.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:18:22 am »
We've not fixed the browse source page. We changed the main colors, and have been fixing fallout ever since. I'll poke whitelynx till he fixes that page.

And yeah, I should be able to arrange to be down there for one of those meetings.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 05:07:37 pm »
You'll definitely be interested in one of the things that Dr. Cooke himself is heading up (and that I'm going to try to work with him on) - code generation. We're planning on having SequenceL compile to C, which would be a requirement for our using it in a server. Don't yet know how it'll look, or where it'll actually interface in, but that's something that you'll be interested in, I'm sure. I'll let you know more as I talk to Dr. Cooke about it.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal