Author Topic: Help us out.  (Read 27637 times)

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Help us out.
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2006, 07:46:10 pm »
Oookay, Someone back me up here, or hold me back, either is fine but I am about to maul the hell out of Infernal if he DOES NOT LEARN TO SPELL OUTSIDE OF LEET!  >:( Stay off the chatrooms and out of IM's if it'll help just dear god it's driving me crazy!  ::)

erm... Tell me please the definition of leet...

Did I replace any letters with there number equivilent? No I don't think so, but if you meen I was not typing in perfect grammar (Which is in no way called leet) then you are correct. I don't go to chat rooms because those are for people with no lives, but I do talk on IM, most of us do so I don't see how thats wroung can't I talk to my friends on aim?

1f y0u w4n7 m3 7o 7yp3 1n l33t 1ll h4pp1ly d0 1t...

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Guardian

• Watching Over You
  • Captain
  • Watching over you.
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2006, 09:15:13 pm »
Leaving out apostrophies, misspelling word, shortening words, not using proper punctuation. these things mean you spend too much time in IM's  ::)  >:(
Peace is a lie, There is only Passion
Through Passion I gain Strength
Through Strength I gain Power
Through Power I gain Victory
Through Victory my chains are broken

The world of man must come to a quick, decisive end. Lest we waste our time on you any longer. ~The Fallen Angel
Falling from grace isn't nearly as painful as surviving the impact. ~The Tormented Angel

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2006, 10:06:32 pm »
Leaving out apostrophies, misspelling word, shortening words, not using proper punctuation. these things mean you spend too much time in IM's  ::)  >:(

I'm guilty of this too. Personally, it doesn't bother me. If it bothers you, don't read his posts. There's no need to get angry, or hostile. (This thread's come very close to getting locked by the way.. I don't like to see this much hostility... especially when, to me, there's no good reason for it.)

I'm not yelling, or anything, but frankly, I'd rather see people mispelling things, instead of getting hostile. Just a preference. Oh, and since I'm a mod (and owner of all things GNE) my preference kinda matters.  8) ;) :D
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2006, 10:37:41 pm »
* contingencyplan streaks across the forum screaming "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE GRAMMAR NAZI!!1!11!!one1!"

You can interpret "streaks" however you want ;D
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2006, 01:46:21 am »
Heh.

Note to all: The Grammar Nazi is wearing hot pink.

I'd correct some of the grammar I've seen here, but why bother?
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2006, 11:34:37 am »
Why? WHY?!

WHY, YOU ASK?!

* contingencyplan twitches.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2006, 12:01:34 pm »
* morgul puts contingencyplan back in his cage.

Whomever let you roam will, perchance, excuse my rudeness in beating them over the head with a shovel; or so I suspect.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Neo

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2006, 12:02:26 pm »
1 p3r$on4l3 pr3f3r teh typ3 oph l33t wh3r3 j00 c4n r34d 1t w1th0ut try1n6

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2006, 01:39:32 pm »
Heh, I just prefer for people who understand it to type IM style, it's less letters. The way I am currently typing I type maybe 90-100 WPM, but with IM lingo I type around 130 WPM it's just faster....

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2006, 06:56:51 pm »
I agree completely.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2006, 12:06:03 am »
Perhaps in a chat room, sure.  But keep it off the boards.  These boards post at one speed, whether you typed it at 40 WPM or 198 WPM.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2006, 07:37:53 pm »
Hehe, I know.  Just I havn't been on the boards for a bit so I forgot ( =. I'll do better  :P.

Neo

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2006, 09:25:46 am »
im sory, wat r we suposd to kep off teh bords?

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2006, 10:25:36 am »
Whomever let you roam will, perchance, excuse my rudeness in beating them over the head with a shovel; or so I suspect.

Hey morgul . . . it's "whoever" not "whomever".  Who is a subject.  Whom is an object.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2006, 11:53:19 am »
Interesting. some of the grammar subtlties still bite me in the butt.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2006, 09:10:07 pm »
If something performs an action, it is a who.  If it is performed to, it is a whom.

Who gave that to whom?

Not too hard to get.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2006, 02:35:12 pm »
Yup - and what's his face from Tekken replaces Link in PS2. 

Personally, I like Spawn with that badass spiky "I'm going to screw you up now" mace/axe/sword thing.