Author Topic: THE FIRST GLIMPSES OF NETWORKING!!!!  (Read 13300 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
THE FIRST GLIMPSES OF NETWORKING!!!!
« on: April 04, 2006, 10:21:41 pm »
Check out these screenshots. They show the first ever glimpse of a networked game of precursors... they are taken from the vantage point of my ship, looking at Dave's. No, it's not totally working yet, but we're getting close.

--Chris

P.S. Dave says: "ZOMGROFLOLZORZW00T!!!! T3H NETW0R|<1N6 R0X0R5 MY B0X0R5!!!!!!1ONE!!"
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
Re: THE FIRST GLIMPSES OF NETWORKING!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 10:43:29 pm »
Another two!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 10:45:51 pm by morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:28:11 am »
As far as getting some networking done, it's great. as far as a video game and animation it sucks......but it's a beginning. I like it....so far. it kinda needs cleaner edges but that's okay. otherwise it's good.
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:37:19 am »
Cosmo is gonna skin that thing whenever your bro gets off his ass and gives me a geometric unwrap!
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 04:52:14 pm »
I WANNA PLAY THIS GAWDDAM GAME ALRDY

jesus i want a 10% speed up in game production or else... or else Ill hit u with a broom!

jk
=p

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 09:02:07 pm »
You do that.  You've gotta realize, progress has already grown exponentially.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 01:01:35 pm »
ya i saw that doesnt excuse u from the broom...
 ;D

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 09:46:14 am »
UPDATE: The client now gets all entities, and loads them, and it's almost playable! Here's some screenshots, including one of the new, improved level. (aka: the one with the stars)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 10:07:38 am »
A few more screenshots of the new map. Just to show of teh pretty.

Neo

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 01:51:34 pm »
Freak yeah! if you guys keep it up like this before long you can start on battle systems and colinized planets! Whoo Hooo!
(I like the ice planet, very spiffy)

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 03:47:26 pm »
the one with light is awesome! When are you releasing the next update?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 06:23:24 pm »
The one with the ice in the background is the asteroids map with a random texture we threw on the skybox, instead of starts. It doesn't make much sense for us to have that kind of thing for a planet... yet. We'll be getting there, though. (Summer, perhaps?) The stars will be in the next update, however. Along with networking.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 11:17:27 pm by whitelynx »

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 08:59:35 pm »
dude but make a version of the beta release where you can fly on that planet, that would be awesome! It looks soo good

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 10:35:34 pm »
Sure.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 12:48:48 am »
I can't wait to get linux up and moving - then we can try to implement this network across 1400 miles.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 08:18:09 am »
I can't wait to get linux up and moving - then we can try to implement this network across 1400 miles.

hells yeah! Although I think it will suck just as much as networking over a few feet... unfortunately.

Know what you should do? You should grab Dawn (where is ENTIRELY up to you) and make him get a linux box setup, so he can do some development on it... this way he could HELP with our networking woes. (Also means you could play with it when we want's looking.)

--Chris

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 10:06:11 am »
Not a bad idea.

Offline Cosmo

• Concept Artist
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 02:17:46 pm »
Cosmo is gonna skin that thing whenever your bro gets off his ass and gives me a geometric unwrap!

Ready when you are...

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 07:11:35 pm »
Been sick, and busy with school. I'll make lynx do it in the next week.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 10:26:23 pm »
You'd better . . . ;D

Don't make me fly up there!