Author Topic: contingencyplan is gone! (for the week, anyways)  (Read 5285 times)

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
contingencyplan is gone! (for the week, anyways)
« on: March 10, 2006, 05:08:11 pm »
Howdy all!

This is just to let y'all know that I'm gonna be gone all during spring break. I'm going on mission trip to LA with my church (First Baptist here in town) - we're gonna be building and remodelling churches in some of the poorer areas of the city. My bus leaves in less than 3 hours, so I gotta finish getting ready.

But don't worry, when I get back, I'll be ready to get to work on Precursors!

Thanks, and wish us well!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: contingencyplan is gone! (for the week, anyways)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 01:38:08 am »
Let's look at this:

Contingency is - skinny, white, Texan, a dork.

A damn, he's gonna get gunned down in a drive by.  I know it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 02:56:48 pm by Caenus »
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 08:57:28 am »
Let's look at this:

Contingency is - skinny, white, Texan, a dork.

A shit, he's gonna get gunned down in a drive by.  I know it.

Odd. I'm stocky, white, Pennsylvanian, a dork. I fit in just fine in NYC, Philly, and Los Vegas (actually, people took me for a native, not for a tourist). Never been gunned down in a drive by. Maybe it's the whole 'growing up on the edge of the projects' kind of autmosphere I still have. Doubtful since I've lived in a small "Hey, that's cow's MY girlfriend!" hick town since I was 13.

Either way, I think cplan's gunna be fine. However, should he get shot, I'll shoot him. Twice
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 10:27:57 am »
I've got a double barrel 20 gauge and plenty of shells . . .

Also . . . the northeast is a bit closer to itself (if that makes any sense) than other region in the country.  You guys can drive for a few hours and cross three state lines.  I can drive for a DAY and not cross one.

I think the cultural differences between states down here is a bit more extreme.

Although, so are the cliches - when I went back to Wyoming one time, I had people ask me where my belt buckle and ten gallon hat were.  They were dead serious.

Nothing is more embarassing than someone asking if you go to school on a horse.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 10:59:43 am »
Try explaining to someone *on* a horse that you've never shot a person, and you don't have gang colors, AND YOU DON'T KNOW THE GOING PRICE FOR CRACK!

That's embarassing
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 12:10:55 am »
What's worse is that I DO know the going price for crack . . .  :-\   8)

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 12:53:14 pm »
Well, I have returned. Good trip, though it FREAKING SNOWED on the way there!!! And we had "Safety Thomas" on our bus - he didn't want us getting up, or moving around, or laying in the aisles, or anything like that. Unfortunately, he took us from Albuquerque to Flagstaff, which basically accounted for 1am - something like 12:00m or so - in other words, the time we were trying to sleep. On a bus. In cramped seats. With two seats together. That don't recline more than 15 degrees. That was fricking INSANE.

Anyways, we were in LA for a week. I worked at a the Bell Community Baptist Church, which is in the middle of a big hispanic neighborhood. We worked to roof the church, remodel a room, and retile the basement. We succeeded on the roof (and realize that we had to clear off over *6* layers of shingles before we could start putting the new ones down), and almost finished with the room and the basement. All in all, a good week's worth of work. The church services on Tuesday and Thursday night were especially good - closest I've felt to God in a LONG time.

And no, nobody got shot at. We did get real, authentic mexican food for lunch and dinner every day we were working there.

Well, I'm off to read the other new posts, maybe post my cyborg character in this new characters section. I'm looking forward to getting back to work on Precursors now that I'm back!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 02:59:23 pm »
You also got back into town yesterday and promptly ran into me as I was on a date.  :-P 

Heh, at least you got to meet Erin . . . isn't she pretty?

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 03:57:57 pm »
Indeed sir - count yourself quite fortunate. :)
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 01:30:37 am »
Oh trust me . . . I still wonder how the hell I managed to end up with that beautiful woman.  I think God likes me.