Author Topic: Not really a bug - but something that might be looked into.  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Not really a bug - but something that might be looked into.
« on: March 07, 2006, 01:21:41 pm »
I like to call it "idiot-proofing".

I was trying to run the game and accidentally slipped and went too far on the start menu.

The game uninstalled, just like I inadvertantly told it to.

We might want to add a check in there before running the uninstall (something like "Are you sure you want to uninstall this application? - Ok/Cancel").
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: Not really a bug - but something that might be looked into.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 02:14:35 pm »
Agreed...personally, I REALLY like stuff that checks with you first.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 03:15:51 pm »
Dave and I were talking about it, and yes, that's a good idea. If you would like to see it in the next release, please, figure out how to do it with NSIS (just look it up, you don't have to understand it.)

Right now, I don't know if we're going to have time to put it in (three tests this week, AND bunches of stuff to do next wekk AND I'm pushing to get networking done this dev cycle.... so yeah, if anyone could look this up for us, it would be great.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 06:49:42 pm »
I really am not sure...but this was the closest thing I found: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=68d1dbb5e6198688e7b407f2761594d4&postid=910044

Neo

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 11:35:12 am »
hmmm... well next week I'm in OKC with highspeed. I just have to figure out how to get my coputer there...

~Reynard

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 06:53:29 pm »
I, on the other hand, will be in California on a mission trip with my church, so I'll be out of commission all next week. I'll let y'all know how it goes, though. :)
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal